Kawasaki KFX450 Forum - KFX450Central banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to step up to a 450, and the kfx is at the top of my list. I ride trails, so I like the fact that it has reverse. I"m a big fan of FI. Now It seems all the mags dont like the new bike compared to all the other 450's. What I want to know is how do you guys like them, how is the power, and hows the motor holding up. What maintence are you guys doing reguarly?

Thanks!

Brendan.

G

·
QUOTE (CarFanatic @ Feb 5 2008, 05:15 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=6049
I want to step up to a 450, and the kfx is at the top of my list. I ride trails, so I like the fact that it has reverse. I"m a big fan of FI. Now It seems all the mags dont like the new bike compared to all the other 450's. What I want to know is how do you guys like them, how is the power, and hows the motor holding up. What maintence are you guys doing reguarly?

Thanks!

Brendan.

I would say at this point in the 450 race, they are all good. Its a matter of preferance. I know Dirt Wheels wrote some crap about the handling but it was a bunch of BS. Some minor suspension adjustments will take care of that. They had to come up with something to bash on because it didnt come in blue!! (nothing against the yfz) Just saying!! The craftsmanship and quality is awesome on the KFX's. I would say if you like the Kawi the best, than 100% buy one. You wont be dissapointed.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Well, I ride some pretty tight trails since they were designed for bikes mostly and the ATV's were allowed to join as an after thought. For me it does seem to push some in the corners for me but that is not a big deal breaker. I love the hell out of mine and ride in a rocky area in central texas. Mostly in the Salado area. I love the stock settings on the shocks all though maybe i should not. But on the small jumps we have it is smooth and soft on the landings. Going from the Z-400 to this takes a little getting use to since the turning is not as good for where I am but I can make it thru 98% of the area with no probs and the ones i can't I run over the smaller trees and keep going. But, I suppose that can be put on the wider stance it has. Have the pc3 now in and waiting on FMF 4.1 w/mega bomb header to come in. The placement of the reverse lever is real nice for fast "oops didnt mean to hit that tree" back ups. I do like the thought though of tuning with laptop and dyno rather than messing with the jetting. Last, but not least i would avoid getting the limited edition since it is the exact same thing besides all black. Makes no sense to spend the extra cash you can use for a pc3 and after market exhaust.

·
Registered
23 Posts
i've had a few minor problems but overall i think its well worth it. The reverse is great in the woods, the FI system is great. Aluminium frame is strong, handles well after minor adjustments. Personally, id plan to invest in some better rims. I bent 2 on my 2nd ride. Overall however, this quad is a great ride, great fun, and can really move. 9/10 in my book

1 - 7 of 7 Posts