Kawasaki KFX450 Forum - KFX450Central banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well i just got back from gordons well yesterday, and as i was racing some guys down the drags i hit fourth gear and it just completely bogged down. i checked my pcIII and it wasn't responding to the throttle, but was getting power. so i'm guessing it lost connection somewhere therefore it was running too lean? i haven't had time to take a look at it yet so i just wanted to see if anyone had any advice on what to check first. are there any fuses or whatever that could cause that? i know i didn't use any dielectric grease on the connections, so could that be it? thanks

·
Registered
637 Posts
Did you use the clip to connect to the tps? also how about the ground that's bolted above the frame, is that lose? I'd double check them both and make sure the tps isnt rusted out

·
Registered
148 Posts
Agreed with offroadhunter. That wire splice that comes with it is horrible and usually cuts wire. sounds like its more the TPS wire then the ground. but im sure it could effect it to.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
the ground is tight i checked that out there. so if it's that red wire splice clip how else would you recommend attaching it to the tps wire?

·
Registered
56 Posts
Dito what offraodhunter said, but I soldered a lead from the TPS wire and put a plug connector on it so removal of the PCIII would be a snap if neccesary. And soldering is super easy. I just have a cheapo soldering iron from Radio Shack, think it cost me a whole 7 or 8 bucks.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
wouldn't just cutting the yellow tps wire on the plug, crimping it into a butt splice with the pcIII wire in one side work? and then heat shrink tube it? that way it's a more secure connection than the wire splice clip and it's removable still

·
Registered
24 Posts
i had same problem with tps wire. anyone have a problem when they went to power it up with a battery that it wouldn't work?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts