Kawasaki KFX450 Forum - KFX450Central banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well i just got back from gordons well yesterday, and as i was racing some guys down the drags i hit fourth gear and it just completely bogged down. i checked my pcIII and it wasn't responding to the throttle, but was getting power. so i'm guessing it lost connection somewhere therefore it was running too lean? i haven't had time to take a look at it yet so i just wanted to see if anyone had any advice on what to check first. are there any fuses or whatever that could cause that? i know i didn't use any dielectric grease on the connections, so could that be it? thanks

· Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
the ground is tight i checked that out there. so if it's that red wire splice clip how else would you recommend attaching it to the tps wire?

· Registered
56 Posts
Dito what offraodhunter said, but I soldered a lead from the TPS wire and put a plug connector on it so removal of the PCIII would be a snap if neccesary. And soldering is super easy. I just have a cheapo soldering iron from Radio Shack, think it cost me a whole 7 or 8 bucks.

· Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
wouldn't just cutting the yellow tps wire on the plug, crimping it into a butt splice with the pcIII wire in one side work? and then heat shrink tube it? that way it's a more secure connection than the wire splice clip and it's removable still

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.