Kawasaki KFX450 Forum - KFX450Central banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have put about 12-15 hrs on it and today i finally got open it up. In 5th gear just past half throttle there is a loud howl or an echo in the exhaust system it sounds normal then all of a sudden it just screams what the hell is this? is this normal???

·
Registered
637 Posts
Did you pull the sparky out? (I'm assuming you are running stock), I don't recall my stock being very loud or any unusual sounds but as the engine revs more you should have more sound

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yea im stock other than the pcIII set for stock intake and stock pipe. the spark arrestor was in and the lid was on the box. The noise only became loud after about half throttle, almost like a powerband on a 2 stroke when it really opens up. does yours do this loud spike or does it gradually get louder all the way through?

·
Registered
637 Posts
Anyone else running stock exhaust? I changed mine shortly after purchasing the quad..Mine dasa gets much louder when it revs mid way and comes on real loud & strong from there

·
Registered
17 Posts
Have you added a skid plate for the frame? After adding one to my quad, past half throttle it would scream like a banshe! I added a strip of inertube between the frame and the skid, and the vibration noise went away.

·
Registered
637 Posts
QUOTE (tscracing @ May 19 2008, 05:14 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=9216
Have you added a skid plate for the frame? After adding one to my quad, past half throttle it would scream like a banshe! I added a strip of inertube between the frame and the skid, and the vibration noise went away.
Good point...the skid can rattle and be real annoying..I took a strange approach to resolving that one by adding window insulation, the kind thats rolled like tape with sticky backing..placed it on the skid plate and it works like a charm..after it gets trashed from washing and oil changes it can be easily scraped off and replaced..

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
actually i have just put on my new skid plate!! good point... I am going to give that a try tomorrow thanks a lot for the replies!! you guys rock!!! I hope this works.

·
Registered
637 Posts
QUOTE (six8six @ May 19 2008, 08:15 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=9232
actually i have just put on my new skid plate!! good point... I am going to give that a try tomorrow thanks a lot for the replies!! you guys rock!!! I hope this works.
YOu can put rubber washers, even cut a rubber hose in half and layer it between the skid and the frame, the vibration will be minimal

1 - 9 of 9 Posts