Kawasaki KFX450 Forum - KFX450Central banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is it safe for me too pull the baffle out of my exaust and remove the airbox lid without having an aftermarket chip. I read in another post the pulling the baffle out gives no power gain but others say that it does. Tonight I ran it without the lid for a bit and it had much more power. Tomorrow I'll take out the baffle on the exaust and see if I can't get a bit more out of it too.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Their was some dyno testing done somewhere and found that taking the lid off and removing the baffle without fuel management was worse then just doing one of them I just can't remember which one and if the info is on here or the other site?

I know I ran with both of them out of the picture because I liked the way it ran.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The verdict is in! Without the lid and without the baffle I have tons more power and it feels like I have a higher top end also. Maybe 70 mph, It feels fast for being all stock. I'm also working on a custom lid too. I cut out about 50% of the lid and then cut another piece of plastic to bolt down on top of a piece of air filter foam so I have a free flowing box with a pre filter. It's looking good so far.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I tried this on my 08 and it ran like crap. I have since upgraded to a full yosh exhaust,velocity intake and filter w/no lid,and a pc3. Night and day difference!

·
Registered
637 Posts
QUOTE (Christopher Lee @ Apr 29 2009, 07:58 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=16985
The verdict is in! Without the lid and without the baffle I have tons more power and it feels like I have a higher top end also. Maybe 70 mph, It feels fast for being all stock. I'm also working on a custom lid too. I cut out about 50% of the lid and then cut another piece of plastic to bolt down on top of a piece of air filter foam so I have a free flowing box with a pre filter. It's looking good so far.
As long as you are happy with the changes that's all that matters... When you come across a few $$s you should consider a big 3, you can find them used online for real good prices, you will not believe the difference.

·
Registered
420 Posts
QUOTE (Christopher Lee @ Apr 29 2009, 10:58 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=16985
i have a nice after market pre filter lid for sale if ya want it!give me 70 bucks plus shipping it retails for over 100 bucks i believe!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts