Kawasaki KFX450 Forum - KFX450Central banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can someone give me the pros and cons of a stock stroke and higher compression piston compared to using a +2mm stroke and either a stock compression or slightly higher piston. Did some talking with Hot Rod and thinking about their new stroker setup.

· Registered
40 Posts
QUOTE (Conrad @ Feb 17 2009, 09:39 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=16130
Can someone give me the pros and cons of a stock stroke and higher compression piston compared to using a +2mm stroke and either a stock compression or slightly higher piston. Did some talking with Hot Rod and thinking about their new stroker setup.
I like the way my stock bore motor runs. I know these is more power there but i don't need it for the type of racing i am doing i need it to last a 2 hour race. I would call like rage,dasa,racers edge az they are all good shops and will get you the power you are wanting.

· Registered
40 Posts
I have way more than 10 hours on my machine and my friends bikes with the same pistons both of them have over 100 hours with no problems,

· Registered
110 Posts
i caint belive ur friends have over 100hrs on a high comp pistion yall are very lucky . check the thread on blown motor . thats what happened n his case . ive talked with one of kawis team mechanics and he said they had to tear them down after every race and they were useing the aftermarket cranks he said the stock ones were lucky to make it through a race .

· Registered
40 Posts
QUOTE (#3'skfx @ Feb 19 2009, 12:12 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=16149
i caint belive ur friends have over 100hrs on a high comp pistion yall are very lucky . check the thread on blown motor . thats what happened n his case . ive talked with one of kawis team mechanics and he said they had to tear them down after every race and they were useing the aftermarket cranks he said the stock ones were lucky to make it through a race .
Well believe it. Me and another friend both have cp 13.5:1 one's and he says he has 125 hours on his and my other friend has a dasa 14.5:1 with 50 hrs and they are still running strong.

· Registered
40 Posts
QUOTE (#3'skfx @ Feb 19 2009, 02:37 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=16155
all of yall are running stock cranks ?
Stock cranks. The one bike was bought from lonestar it was in ATV sport last year and has a complete dasa top end and it is still running great with a good ammount of hours on it.

· Registered
40 Posts
I am sure that there are more of them out there you just hear the bad stories.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.