Kawasaki KFX450 Forum - KFX450Central banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought my new kfx 450 about 7 days before my second race of the season, so i ran it in and then got in the thick of it!!!

Heres a couple of pics

on the way

After the race

I'll have a few mods done before the next race!!

·
Registered
220 Posts
I guess thats one way to break it in. Have fun with the cleaning. How did it do?

Larry

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I got about 11-12 hours running in before the race, but i smashed the bottom off the sprocket gaurd when i was practiing, but i didnt notice until it was on my trailer on the way to the race!!! DOH!!
I've always used twist throttles but i didnt have time to change it so i had a few odd moments with the thumb throttle! LOL
i had to be careful with my race lines that i didnt smash my sprocket and carrier.
So i need to get an aluminum one before my next race.
And the mud didnt help much either, overall i rode quite carefully "not my usual style of riding" but still came in 8th out of 31 in class.

Hoping for top 3 next time!

·
Registered
220 Posts
The skidplate is usually the first thing to go. THe one on the kfx sucks big time as you found out. I broke mine by normal trail riding. My choice will be the pro armor or PRM.

Larry

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
QUOTE (Atving4Christ @ Apr 18 2008, 06:24 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=8234
The skidplate is usually the first thing to go. THe one on the kfx sucks big time as you found out. I broke mine by normal trail riding. My choice will be the pro armor or PRM.

Larry

LOL i think kawasaki made them out of butter!!

When i was running the quad in i was quite careful how i was riding and it still got blitz'd!!!

I need a strong one for xc riding, which is the best AC, PRM, PRO ARMOUR, REM???

I've got a DG x2 pipe and DG national front bumper on its way!!

·
Registered
637 Posts
I have PRM swingarm and Pro Arm for the rest..Stay away from the AC for the swingarm, it's much smaller and does not cover the entire swing arm, plus I know a few ppl that trashed theirs after minimal impact..its crap!

·
Registered
111 Posts
I have the PRM for swingarm and Chassis. I had one on the swingarm for my 350x 3 wheeler it took a beating and never damaged the good stuff. They are my underarmour provider of choice.

·
Registered
26 Posts
3 hours of dessert racing and the Pro armor was done. had to bend it back after each race. I still have it if anyone wants to keep bending it back.

·
Registered
21 Posts
QUOTE (KFX-R @ May 5 2008, 05:30 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=8647
3 hours of dessert racing and the Pro armor was done. had to bend it back after each race. I still have it if anyone wants to keep bending it back.
wow, I have pro Armor and on swingarm and bounce off of rocks all the time and no beds and mojo dents yet. Also have DG chassis but will probably change to a pro armor since it runs the entire frame where the DG i have only goes to the stock plate coverage.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts