Kawasaki KFX450 Forum - KFX450Central banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
08 kfx450 green, motoworks full exh, trinity/ltr custom intake, PC3, custom map,
kx cams, added timing, adjustable thermostat switch, 15T front

·
Registered
1 Posts
Do you have the Uncorrected #. On a Dyno jet up here I started off at 43whp and with leaning it out to a 13.0 up top I made 44.4whp. Then I did a E30 (Ethanol 30%/92 blend) and put down 46whp added in 10% fuel to get the Afrs in check. I now have a timing box on there and will try and make it back to the dyno for some more tuning. Mods are a white brothers slip on, Ebay intake tube with K&N filter (air box gone) and a PCIII

Are the AFRS in the chart right? I would not think you would want the bike much leaner then a 14.0. I tuned my bike in at 13.0 and did not see much gains going leaner then that.

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
QUOTE (Lucas English @ Apr 6 2008, 04:56 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=7987
Do you have the Uncorrected #. On a Dyno jet up here I started off at 43whp and with leaning it out to a 13.0 up top I made 44.4whp. Then I did a E30 (Ethanol 30%/92 blend) and put down 46whp added in 10% fuel to get the Afrs in check. I now have a timing box on there and will try and make it back to the dyno for some more tuning. Mods are a white brothers slip on, Ebay intake tube with K&N filter (air box gone) and a PCIII

Are the AFRS in the chart right? I would not think you would want the bike much leaner then a 14.0. I tuned my bike in at 13.0 and did not see much gains going leaner then that.
no i dont have the uncorrected numbers....at one point in the graph it is close to 14.0 to 1....just for a little bit

they like to tune the bike here for power and not a/f ratio....most bikes seem to make more power on the leaner side, i did request for them to keep the top end arround 13 to 1

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
QUOTE (PDR @ Apr 11 2008, 06:52 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=8099
Looks good. Thats a great number on that dyno. Fuel Customs Dyno is reads pretty low.

AS long as you are happy with the results. Have you taken it out for a ride, how did it feel compared to before? Better throttle response?

PDR
the bike runs awesome now....pulls hard from the low rpm through the top without any hard hit like before .....very rideable power, linier with great throttle respponce

these bikes need head work thats for sure! wont get much more out of her w/o a good port job.......but happy for now

1 - 7 of 7 Posts