Kawasaki KFX450 Forum - KFX450Central banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a hmf slip on and a esr intake no lid and cut out the front of the intake box it only has sides and back of intake box. I am using the fuel atv map due u think this is to lean? I took it out yesterday and there was no poppin at all. It stalled and I adjusted the tps knob all the way in and clicked it out around 30-34 clicks. Seamed to work ok. I'm not used to maps or fuel injection my yfz is fully modded piston, cams, intake, full system, accelartr pump, water pump, clutch ext, ext race bike but this kfx is a new world just trying to get the full power from it. Definatly differant than carbs I can build one in my sleep.

Also my yfz shocks are plush now. When the kfx is at the track it is stiff as hell I adjust all the time I think it is because it is new. I am 5'11 185 and when i hit 20 foot doubles landing is hard anyone have a good start set up? Or will they break in over time? Can't remember my yfz that was in 06 I imagine they where the same I remember it took 2 months to dial those in.

·
Registered
22 Posts
QUOTE (yfuz450 @ Jul 27 2008, 11:38 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=10583
I have a hmf slip on and a esr intake no lid and cut out the front of the intake box it only has sides and back of intake box. I am using the fuel atv map due u think this is to lean? I took it out yesterday and there was no poppin at all. It stalled and I adjusted the tps knob all the way in and clicked it out around 30-34 clicks. Seamed to work ok. I'm not used to maps or fuel injection my yfz is fully modded piston, cams, intake, full system, accelartr pump, water pump, clutch ext, ext race bike but this kfx is a new world just trying to get the full power from it. Definatly differant than carbs I can build one in my sleep.
Also my yfz shocks are plush now. When the kfx is at the track it is stiff as hell I adjust all the time I think it is because it is new. I am 5'11 185 and when i hit 20 foot doubles landing is hard anyone have a good start set up? Or will they break in over time? Can't remember my yfz that was in 06 I imagine they where the same I remember it took 2 months to dial those in.
The KFX shocks come from the factory stiff and coupled with a stiff seat is only amplifies the effect. You need to dial in your KFX suspension with all 3 suspension settings (pre-load, compression and rebound). Once I did this to mine it became a very different handling machine and is not stiff at all, and my machine is less than one month old.

As for your map inquiry, I also have the Fuel ATV map and it runs good but not it is not tuned perfect. The only way you can ensure that you're getting the best map is to have it custom dynoed. The PCIII website has a list of all available custom tuners in your area. Try and use a tuner with the Tuning Link software since this simulates a more realistic riding environment.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ya I live in orlando florida I have to call around for prices and see if they due maps. I have been to the track twice with the kfx and played with it a couple times and yes the seat is not comfort. I'll learn this bike like my yfz but I figured they might just need some time to break in

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
called around found 2 shops and the price is crazy 295.00 that is nuts I can buy a cam for that much!

·
Registered
637 Posts
QUOTE (yfuz450 @ Aug 2 2008, 08:10 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=10665
called around found 2 shops and the price is crazy 295.00 that is nuts I can buy a cam for that much!
I paid $200 in arizona..the dyno is the only way you will get your bike tuned correctly, you can use any map that matches your set up but you will lose hp for certain, when i had mine done i picked up a full 2hp over a borrowed map..

·
Registered
70 Posts
QUOTE (offroadhunter @ Aug 2 2008, 08:39 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=10666
I paid $200 in arizona..the dyno is the only way you will get your bike tuned correctly, you can use any map that matches your set up but you will lose hp for certain, when i had mine done i picked up a full 2hp over a borrowed map..
that's a pretty significant gain. i didn't think custom dyno tuning could be that beneficial. i'll have to check around at a few shops around me for pricing

1 - 6 of 6 Posts