Kawasaki KFX450 Forum - KFX450Central banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I just got my new exhaust put up on my KFX. This is a twin system and this thing just rips!
We are talking super fast here! I don't have any photos yet, but I am working on it, I have included a
link to a picture as my KFX looks the exact same as this one. Have you heard of anything else that
helps pump up some power? I have this exhaust, their EFI controller, Dynatek CDI box, and I am
on order for a Pro Design Pro Flow Kit. I am looking to make this thing kick some major butt, but
I don't want to dive into motor work just yet. Any Ideas?? ALSO!! If anyone is looking for this same pipe for
cheap hit me up I have a few that I didn't get reimbursed for, good friends!! lol And this exhaust
works better than any other KFX that I have seen to date, super clean, nicely manufactured, serious power!

·
Registered
70 Posts
what you need to do is take that ridiculous stock intake tube out and replace it with something else! you'll gain some serious power that way

this is what's robbing you

·
Registered
148 Posts
bad ass looking exhaust just they dont make much power. and there better intakes out there then a pro design. FCI or TRP is the way to go if you really want any power. They can show about 3 hp over a pro design

·
Registered
420 Posts
you kinda sound like a sales man! i can get that exhaust from a buddy who owns a shop for 590.00 can you beet that?i like the look of it but have been hearing other exhausts offer alot more power than that 1!but i definantly looks sweet!how are the hmf's any1 running one of those?

·
Registered
19 Posts
i just bought the dmc twin exhaust, at first i thought it would loose power because of compresson but since u say it adds lots i bought one, also i bought an fci intake and a clutch kit, icant wait 2 put them on

·
Registered
420 Posts
i got 1 a while back its okay for starters it sounds really mean 2nd its looks great i got a cfm intake/box which made a huge differance along w/a pc3 im not using an exact map for this pipe but itruns pretty good im gonna get it dynoed next month and well see how that does w/a new map/tune!im still interested in getting a dasa pipe also and compare these two?the olny 1 negitive thing i can say about this pipe is high jumps if you get the rear shock really compressed the pipe to the left side exhaust hits the shock!which sucks but im sure witha after market shock it would work better!oh also no rear shock covers as they will burn from the pipe to!

·
Registered
6 Posts
I also just fitted this system I was going from a aftermarket single system full titanium that split and blew out the engine pipe big time and was a tad disappointed with it at 1st lost some top end till I ripped out the spark arrestors and bang it honks now better than my single picked up quite a bit in the mid and high rpm never would of thought that would affect the hp that much, clearance issue was pretty easy fix bitching looking set of pipes for sure

·
Registered
420 Posts
post some pics!have you heard it hit your rear shock spring at all?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts