Kawasaki KFX450 Forum - KFX450Central banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking for a good performance exhaust for my KFX450R! I am leaning towards the DASA or CURTIS SPARKS! I had a HMF Slip On but I want something better with a full system! Can anyone help me! I dont wanna buy the wrong one. Another question, can i run one of the two systems with out a programmer, and intake? Any help will be greatly appreciated ! Thanks Adam

·
Registered
40 Posts
dasa 13" all the way

·
Registered
148 Posts
dasa and sparks are both great exhaust. i personally have a dasa and love it. i just think its to big and ugly looking. wile sparks is only very little hp behind and almost 2lbs lighter. You cant loose eaither way. I might be going to sparks bigcore myself.

·
Registered
21 Posts
QUOTE (walshyfz86 @ Jan 16 2009, 08:33 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=15651
dasa and sparks are both great exhaust. i personally have a dasa and love it. i just think its to big and ugly looking. wile sparks is only very little hp behind and almost 2lbs lighter. You cant loose eaither way. I might be going to sparks bigcore myself.
i have a dasa and it doesn't seal right where it joins the head pipe to the mid pipe. never tried the sparks tho

·
Registered
148 Posts
QUOTE (BullCatcher @ Jan 16 2009, 10:39 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=15652
i have a dasa and it doesn't seal right where it joins the head pipe to the mid pipe. never tried the sparks tho

Well when the exhaust gets to a good running temp metal expands and seals it pretty good. Anther good way pack it with grease and let the bike run for alittle. after bunch of smelly smoke it seals it decently.

As for the t4. Pros run stuff cause they have to. t4 was far from the best exhaust out there. Pro circuit backs kawi with everything.

·
Registered
41 Posts
well pro cicuit has to be good considerin thats basically only thing kawasaki teams have ever run on there dirtbikes and now atvs...... but everyone has there own opinions..... truthfully i believe its just how, where, and wat u ride.... all exhausts have there ups and downs.... i believe that fmfs megabomb header is only thing that actually looks like it would make a difference but dont kno anyone who uses it....

·
Registered
420 Posts
any body running that dual full exhaust?think its by dmc looks pretty bad!

·
Registered
420 Posts
QUOTE (walshyfz86 @ Jan 21 2009, 04:52 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=15738
Never really seen ANY duel system put out much hp for a quad.
dont no specifically what it puts out theres one on ebay it say somthin like 26% more torque and 21% more horse power but i no one thing it looks sweet!

·
Registered
40 Posts
QUOTE (ononewheel @ Jan 21 2009, 02:40 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=15735
any body running that dual full exhaust?think its by dmc looks pretty bad!
i'm running the DMC duals they look sick and sound bad ass my quad is tore down right now got a wooter load of bolt on mods to put on then i am going to get it dyno'd hopefully before the 21st of feb thats my first race on my KFX. They are very pricey my quad came with them on it, i can't say i would have bought them if it didn't already have them, but i'm glad it did cause they look and sound sweet. will have a map in a month i run a power commander III and FCI intake so if you get them i can give you the map, my map right now is for looney tuned duals and k&N velocity filter which is running rich.

·
Registered
420 Posts
QUOTE (walshyfz86 @ Jan 22 2009, 10:58 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=15753
People who listin to ebay sellers are the same people who buy parts cause a factory pro rides it.
not really i actually heard about this pipe from a buddy of mine who owns a bike shop and he has his own in house dyno and hes crazy about making things fast!i just havnt heard or seen it on his bike yet but im sure i will!im more into how it looks first then about power output the kawi is fast enough for now also i like to put wooter on my bike that no one else has which so far not too many people have this dually!i could care less about which pro uses what!

·
Registered
49 Posts
I love my dasa pipe 13 inch. I would get a programmer tho so your not running lean. I don't think it would hurt to run without the programmer for a while but i would deff get one

·
Registered
83 Posts
I run two Brothers and have never had a better pipe I have a dasa for sale if you want it but it is big ugly and loud and I have had to reseal it twice the two brothers is super nice and quality is perfect and it makes great power curve love it

·
Registered
112 Posts
QUOTE (kevinpowerski @ Feb 18 2009, 04:52 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=16138
I run two Brothers and have never had a better pipe I have a dasa for sale if you want it but it is big ugly and loud and I have had to reseal it twice the two brothers is super nice and quality is perfect and it makes great power curve love it
ive got a two brothers m-7 and im not real happy with it since u are with urs and have that dasa laying around mabe ud be interested in a trade ?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.