Kawasaki KFX450 Forum - KFX450Central banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so i just bought a 09 red kfx 450 and just wanted to know this. I know there's a 10 hour break in period but i've rode mine way past 10 hours probly about 35 hours. today i've rode it for about six hours. i've hade it for about 4 weeks and i dont really beat it but i do get on it every now and then. i got the throttle skrew in some so i cant full throttle it.im only 15 but love the bike and dont want to loose it so someone tell me is this really bad

· Registered
294 Posts
just change the oil and filter and clean the air filter; dont take it in to have it serviced. Thatt's just a waste of money. All they do it change the oil, clean filter and lube chain.

Post some pics of the new RED KFX. I've been waiting to see one on this site

· Registered
36 Posts
If you bought an extended warranty through the dealer you got it from, I'd take it in for service, as they won't honor that warranty unless you do. If you just have the useless 6 month Kawasaki warranty, do it yourself. Only difference after the first service is the oil and oil filter, basically. They take out the break-in oil, put in synthetic, and change the oil filter. So as long as you haven't been bagging the wooter out of it, you should be in the clear.

· Registered
56 Posts
QUOTE (Slaytanic454 @ Oct 19 2008, 12:09 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=12768
If you bought an extended warranty through the dealer you got it from, I'd take it in for service, as they won't honor that warranty unless you do. If you just have the useless 6 month Kawasaki warranty, do it yourself. Only difference after the first service is the oil and oil filter, basically. They take out the break-in oil, put in synthetic, and change the oil filter. So as long as you haven't been bagging the wooter out of it, you should be in the clear.
You only need to keep your reciepts for the service you do yourself, Kawi will honor the warranty as long as you have themto prove the scheduled maintenance was done, and I believe the factory warranty was extended to 12 months from 6 for all those that bought the first bikes. I bought my 08 in Feb, and the factory warranty was 12 months at that time.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.