Kawasaki KFX450 Forum - KFX450Central banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im needing some help wit my kfx450r starting...... i rode it the day before and it ran fine had no problems out of anything..... went to the garage today and put some new bolts in the fender extensions and an aarms bolt in it and i took my old intake off and breather hose im guessing thats wat it was....i put a brand new never used stock intake tube back on it just cause i have it left over from my factory kawi.....but i cleaned the breather hose out wit wd40 and took some paper towels and twisted up in it to clean it the rest way out.....put everything back on it exactly as it came off.....the old intake had oil or somin i believe on it or somin....but only other thing i did was take the front plastics off to tape my fan fuse up then put it all back together and tried to start it and the fi light was on the whole time i tried startin it... it just cranked and cranked an cranked it sounded noraml about crankin but just wouldnt fire.....checked all the fuses and the idle knob is turned out 22 clicks and i had the knob pulled out.....the fuel pump cycles normal when i first turn key on....everything seems to be dry and connected....i rode it in the slight snow the day before and through a creek but had no problems after i rode for prolly another hour after.....only thing it has done to it is trinity pro flow wit k & n and i have my fan wired to were its on whole time after i switch it on from like a toggle switch.....its also pretty cold hereabout 20s but it ran awesome past few days and it was same weather just colder... i also had it in the garage workin on it wit the heater on and it was drippin some water off of it from the fenders but thats it.......anyone kno wat the problem is cause i need to get it fixed asap...... thanks

·
Registered
40 Posts
pull the plug make sure its not fouled out you may be running a little rich with the trinity an k&n if you are it makes it easier to foul the plug. start there its an easy fix if this is the problem.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
QUOTE (reekers529 @ Jan 22 2009, 12:34 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=15747
pull the plug make sure its not fouled out you may be running a little rich with the trinity an k&n if you are it makes it easier to foul the plug. start there its an easy fix if this is the problem.

alright i will do tomorrow ill just buy a new plug..... but why is the fi light on the whole time is that normal or wat....?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.