Kawasaki KFX450 Forum - KFX450Central banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

· Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought some itp baja rims for my kfx450r and they don't completely cover the brake caliper. It leaves about an inch of the caliper outside the rim. I want to get the correct back spacing so the caliper will fit inside the rim.

· Registered
110 Posts
think walsh is right . the stock rims are 5.5in though . how does they equal out to that though ? unless there a 4/1.5 ? do yall know what stock 400ex's off sets are ? i bought some and they narrowed my quad by 1/2in . i thought they were supposed to be 4/1 offsets . and had heard they widdened it .

· Registered
110 Posts
ur prolly right . the measurements are 4.25 / 1.75 . id go with 4-1.5 unless someone else knows better . that means with 4/1 that ull drop 1.5in in width under stock . wow thats alot to give up with ur 3/2's uve gained 1in . wander if u could get someone to fab u a guard to protect ur calipers ?

· Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
QUOTE (#3'skfx @ Mar 3 2009, 02:38 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=16320
ur prolly right . the measurements are 4.25 / 1.75 . id go with 4-1.5 unless someone else knows better . that means with 4/1 that ull drop 1.5in in width under stock . wow thats alot to give up with ur 3/2's uve gained 1in . wander if u could get someone to fab u a guard to protect ur calipers ?
I"m a woods rider so a little difference is ok. I'd rather have the caliper protected...
being that the stock wheel is so odd... I"m kinda suck.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.