Kawasaki KFX450 Forum - KFX450Central banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought a pair of 21x12x8 6 paddle Hauler Extremes with Douglas .125 wheels. Should I be concerned with bending the rims during high speed whoops and jumping? The reason I ask is because I had a set of Sand Stars 20x11x9 on Douglas .160 rims and I would always bend the rims when I hit whoops at high speeds and jump. I know the Hauler Extremes are bigger and have much more cushion, but should I be concerned? Thanks.

·
Registered
637 Posts
I've only heard of people bending thos wheels from time to time...Never actually known anyone to trash them..When i purchased my dune tires I went with the .190s and they hold up just fine (so far)

·
Registered
111 Posts
I have a set of the Blue labels with brats on mine and have never bent or damaged them jumping hitting the whoops or such. I ride just as hard on them as I did the ITP's I had before.

I was worried about that as well but after talking to folks they said unless I was doing some insane stuff I would probably be alright and so far they are right.

I say since you already bought them ride em that is the only way you are going to find out. I think you will be fine.

·
Registered
60 Posts
QUOTE (Black Kawi @ Aug 13 2008, 03:01 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=11054
I just bought a pair of 21x12x8 6 paddle Hauler Extremes with Douglas .125 wheels. Should I be concerned with bending the rims during high speed whoops and jumping? The reason I ask is because I had a set of Sand Stars 20x11x9 on Douglas .160 rims and I would always bend the rims when I hit whoops at high speeds and jump. I know the Hauler Extremes are bigger and have much more cushion, but should I be concerned? Thanks.
Well, if you were bending the red labels, I would be careful on the blue labes. You have more tire there (on the 8" versus the 9") to protect the wheel, but you still have very "dune specific" wheels that require cared over sharp edges, ragged landings, etc... Just my .02.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts