Kawasaki KFX450 Forum - KFX450Central banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone else bought a new seat yet? im thinking about getting one if i cant just modify the existing one myself with some extra foam inside or somthing, if you got one where did you get it? im a little short of money at the moment so cheaper the better lol

·
Registered
111 Posts
I bought the quadtech with the +1 foam and it is real nice. Also over on the other site there is an article where some folks have taken the stock cover off and drilled some holes in the seat foam to soften it up some.

That gives you a couple of options one is pretty cheap the other is not so cheap. Either way I am sure the seat is will be more comfortable when you are finished. The stock seat is like sitting on a board.

·
Registered
637 Posts
QUOTE (raredirt @ Jun 24 2008, 12:15 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=9969
I bought the quadtech with the +1 foam and it is real nice. Also over on the other site there is an article where some folks have taken the stock cover off and drilled some holes in the seat foam to soften it up some.

That gives you a couple of options one is pretty cheap the other is not so cheap. Either way I am sure the seat is will be more comfortable when you are finished. The stock seat is like sitting on a board.
Ive also read a few threads where people drilled their seat...Ive not read anything saying it made a big difference but if i were looking for the least expensive possible fix i'd give it a shot

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
hmm drilling, seems a little odd but i guess i could give it a shot. thanks guys

·
Registered
128 Posts
I took my seat to a local upholsterer and he shaved 1.5" off the top of the foam, and replaced it with 2.5" of softer foam!!!! What a difference for £30

Sweet !!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts