Kawasaki KFX450 Forum - KFX450Central banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am thinking about puttng a small shot of nitrous on my kfx450. The NOS sneaky pete kit looks like it would work nicely. It comes with a 10oz bottle so it should be easy to mount. I was wondering if anybody has put nitrous on a ATV and has any advice/comments towards nitrous on ATVs

·
Registered
60 Posts
QUOTE (william @ Feb 27 2008, 09:00 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=6908
I am thinking about puttng a small shot of nitrous on my kfx450. The NOS sneaky pete kit looks like it would work nicely. It comes with a 10oz bottle so it should be easy to mount. I was wondering if anybody has put nitrous on a ATV and has any advice/comments towards nitrous on ATVs

Hang on tight? Seriously, though, NOS might be a bit much on a non-drag (read: no extended swingarm, lowered, etc.) quad. You'd be better off optimizing the intake, exhaust, gearing, etc. But that's just my opinion--for all I know, you might be dragging the Kawi...

·
Registered
40 Posts
QUOTE (william @ Feb 27 2008, 02:00 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=6908
Without knowing what type of riding you do, it's going to be hard to give you an intelligent answer. Like stated above, if you're drag racing it, you better get an extended swingarm and a steering stabilizer because the KFX isn't very stable at high speeds due to the narrow wheel base. Nitrous would just about be pointless for any other type of riding besides drag racing.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
QUOTE (Ben_Johnson @ Feb 28 2008, 12:24 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=6920
Without knowing what type of riding you do, it's going to be hard to give you an intelligent answer. Like stated above, if you're drag racing it, you better get an extended swingarm and a steering stabilizer because the KFX isn't very stable at high speeds due to the narrow wheel base. Nitrous would just about be pointless for any other type of riding besides drag racing.
I do a lot of different riding. mostly trail and mx. But i do drag race some weekends. i have already got exhaust intake, pc3, and cams. the nitrous idea was just something for the drags. something i could remove if i needed to. but thanks for the comments.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts