Kawasaki KFX450 Forum - KFX450Central banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
During a practice session this weekend at glen helen the slave cylinder for my hydraulic clutch popped off the clutch arm and i lost all clutch pull. I pulled to the side and stalled the bike. It fired right back up so i popped it in gear and made it back to the truck where I stopped and let it stall itself out. After re-installing the clutch slave cylinder I could not get the bike to start. The bike turns over but the fuel pump is not coming on and there is no power going to my motoworks EFI controller. I tried bypassing my killswitch, then my EFI controller and still nothing. I also checked all of the fuses and they are fine. I then proceded to take off every electrical connector, clean them, and re-install them and still nothing. I also disconnected the battery and reconnected it but still nothing. Can anyone help? I am sorry for the novel but i wanted to be clear on everything i've tried.

·
Registered
109 Posts
QUOTE (socalcracker2 @ Mar 9 2008, 09:10 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=7148
During a practice session this weekend at glen helen the slave cylinder for my hydraulic clutch popped off the clutch arm and i lost all clutch pull. I pulled to the side and stalled the bike. It fired right back up so i popped it in gear and made it back to the truck where I stopped and let it stall itself out. After re-installing the clutch slave cylinder I could not get the bike to start. The bike turns over but the fuel pump is not coming on and there is no power going to my motoworks EFI controller. I tried bypassing my killswitch, then my EFI controller and still nothing. I also checked all of the fuses and they are fine. I then proceded to take off every electrical connector, clean them, and re-install them and still nothing. I also disconnected the battery and reconnected it but still nothing. Can anyone help? I am sorry for the novel but i wanted to be clear on everything i've tried.
Well....this is a stretch but, i have a PCIII and i had to tap into my TPS cuz the PCIII requires a throttle posistion reading. And after a while the wire to my TPS got cut from vibration or something. and my bik would barely run, if you got it started. Now idk if the motoworks EFI controller needed a TPS reading but i would check that. I wouldnt know why it wouldnt start just because of the clutch not working for a short time. let us know if you find the problem, and how you fixed it.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The problem ended up be a bad ECU. I took it to the dealer, it was covered under warranty and they replaced it with one off of a bike that they had in stock. They are not sure how or why it went out but I rode the bike for 4 hours straight on a motocross track yesterday and had no problems.

·
Registered
14 Posts
i lost power from my fuel pump to my pc3 and it ended up being a fuel pump relay, the bike would turn over but it wouldnt start its a 23 dollar part coverd under warrenty

·
Registered
637 Posts
QUOTE (peteyk @ Mar 19 2008, 03:51 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=7422
i lost power from my fuel pump to my pc3 and it ended up being a fuel pump relay, the bike would turn over but it wouldnt start its a 23 dollar part coverd under warrenty
I plan on purchasing one extra relay to keep as a spare, it's an easy replace and if i'm far from home i'd hate to have to pack it in becasue of a minor part..that along with spare fuses, zip ties and duct tape!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Don't forget the bike has a Trouble code system. You can ground out one connector and the bike will flash trouble codes like a car and tell you what is wrong. The service manual has the information on how to perform this task.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts