Kawasaki KFX450 Forum - KFX450Central banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking for ideas for how to spend my money (not a lot at this time)on aftermarket performance part. My kfx 450r is stock and was wandering if I could add parts as I get the money. Thing i have been thinking about are pipe,intake,fuel map. Question- What should be first. I ride in the sand mostly in Utah. about 4600 elev

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Money, for now I only have about 800.00 but should be able to add more in 4months. Can I run a pipe on its own until i have the rest of the moneys?

·
Registered
220 Posts
Power Commandor 339.99 PC3
Hmf Full Exhaust 437.00 HMF
15 front tooth or 36 rear
air lid off
That will take care of the 800. Then save up for Fuels or BCS Air intake.

Larry

·
Registered
4 Posts
I am in the exact same place as you. I have searched everything. I bought a power commander at morepowerracing.com for $260. I am going to make my own intake its really is easy, just a good filter, some pipe and a pre charger. If your not comfortable making one K&N has a full intake kit with pipe, mount and filter for 129.00, it eliminates the stock intake completley. I already have a pro circuit pipe. The stock header pipe is titanium and better than anything you can buy so save your money. All the slip on's are about the same exept the really cheap one's so find the sound you like. I have researched everything to improve the KFX. I am not going to do any engine mods just air and fuel mods. By changing air and fuel intake you sould gain from 8-12hp which is a huge difference when your starting with 38hp.

Pipe 200-400
Intake 130
power commander 260
total 590-790

I have
Pro circuit T-4 345
Intake self built 50
Power commander 260
total 655

1 - 8 of 8 Posts