Kawasaki KFX450 Forum - KFX450Central banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I feel pretty stupid asking this question, but is there a special way to take them off? I remove the nuts and the fockers won't come out. I'm trying to replace the stem and I've been working on it for the last 2 days. On my kfx 700 as soon as you remove the nuts the ball joints will come right out no hassles. Anyone has any tips?

·
Registered
637 Posts
Good question..on my old z400 they came right off (trust me, i know..trashed a few tie rods) but didnt try on the kfx yet...i gotta get a factory service manual

·
Registered
38 Posts
i went through the same thing when changing my steering stem. you need to get a couple of nuts that are the same size and thread them on so you have something to hit as to not screw up the threads on the tie rod or the nut. the rod ends are tapered so you need to smack them good. i used the handle of one hammer and hit it with another. the will pop out

·
Registered
21 Posts
for the tierods on my HMMWV i used a fork like device that is tapered on the end so as you hit it, they will be forced out. Not sure they have one small enough for the 450

1 - 5 of 5 Posts