Kawasaki KFX450 Forum - KFX450Central banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just noticed a drop of oil on the bottom of my motor. I think it is comming from the hole that the arrow is pointing to. I this hole some kind of over fill hole? It looks like it is comming from this area. You can barly see the bottom radiator hose in the picture. If your sitting on the machine its the right side. I took the pic laying on my back looking up at the machine.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
This morning I noticed it had leaked over nite. I wiped the oil off the motor case, and started the engine and let it run. After about a minute or two the oil started to slowly drip from the hole again. I took another pic and you can see the drip. Does anyone know where this hole goes? Is my case cracked inside? could this be comming from the inside of the filter area, and leaking down threw inside the case?

·
Registered
60 Posts
I'll check mine tonight.

·
Registered
109 Posts
I checked mine last night and mine has that hole as well. But there is no oil comming out of it. It might be an over flow but i doubt it. I have no idea what it is. I might have to ask the dealer and se if they know what it is. I doubt it but its worth a try.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Make suer you only put the sightglass HALFWAY full. if its too much i beleive that is a overflow option as william said. try draining some off whats in there and then run it and see if any drips.

·
Registered
109 Posts
When you fill your oil after a oil change you are supposed to fill to the top of the sight glass and run it for a min. Then it should be around half full or a lil more when the oil settles after you shut off the engine.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Took it to the Dealer 2 WEEKS AGO (JEZZZ I HATE THEM!) He said it was a weep hole and there was eather a seal, gasket, or shaft bad. He ordered like 8 parts, which one was backordered of course, and now waiting for them to actually do the work. I am very disipointed in there handleing of this matter. If your ever in Wichita, Ks and need some work done on your Honda, or Kawasaki? DONT take it to MOTORSPORTS HONDA KAWASAKI. Guess thats what I get for living in the wooterHole of America. Set your watch 50yrs, and welcome to Kansas.
Just got my stimulus check from George Bush, and now its time for my pipe, air box mods, and fuel commander. St. Anthonys Sand Dunes here I come!!! The week befor Labor Day weekend if anyone would want to meet us there. Me and my bro-n-law. 2 KFX450R"s. One white-n-black, one green-n-black. God I love that place!!! Choke Cherry i will beat you this year. My Suzuki (bone stock) LTZ400 just didnt have the power. Only made it 3/4's the way up then pooped out!

·
Registered
3 Posts
I've never been inside one of theses motors, but if thats where the water pump is it may have a dead air spot,so where the motor drives the water pump,it has a seal to keep oil out of water then dead air spot witch in the pic looks like a weep hole then another seal for the water side of it. If this make scents? Car pumps have the same weep hole so you know when your losing a water pump.

·
Registered
36 Posts
That's a damn clean machine... Heh mine hasn't been that clean since it left the showroom floor. But to be fair, there's no sand around here... Just mud and rocks.

·
Registered
10 Posts
What is the name of this part one of the edges on mine broke and the o-ring is mangled..
oil filter cover aleast thats what it looks like kinda hard to tell

·
Registered
56 Posts
This morning I noticed it had leaked over nite. I wiped the oil off the motor case, and started the engine and let it run. After about a minute or two the oil started to slowly drip from the hole again. I took another pic and you can see the drip. Does anyone know where this hole goes? Is my case cracked inside? could this be comming from the inside of the filter area, and leaking down threw inside the case?
I had coolant leaking from that hole a while back. I pulled the water pump cover and impeller, you can see the passage with the impeller out. It looks like it has a check ball or some type of one way vavle in it. I blew the passage out with compressed air and have not leaked any coolant since. Not saying your not, but I don't see how you could be getting oil from that hole. It goes into the water pump. Your sure its not coolant?

Well ****....guess I shoulda looked at the date on the original post...he probably got it figured out by now

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.