Kawasaki KFX450 Forum - KFX450Central banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well finally got my factory shocks back from Elka, and fire up my new beast and wtf. Now I have oil leaking down the left side of the head coming from the cam cover. Also noticed a small drip from where the header comes out of the head. Any ideas on what caused this. Hopefully it's just gaskets, because I am getting ready to pull the motor to have the crank balanced and a falicon rod put in. The thought of my rod coming through the cases isn't very appealing. Just curious to see if anyone else has had this problem?

· Registered
631 Posts
Seems odd that it suddenly happened after replacing your suspension but..I had the same thing when my cams were installed, a small leak...just had to redo the gasket/sealant and it stopped..Not sure why it would be leaking from the header, did it get turned over somehow?

· Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well I wasn't saying it was from suspension, though I can see how it seemed like I meant it that way.lol This was the first time I have been able to do anything with it since I got it, since I hadn't really run it. I have been told that it prolly needed some sealant on the head cover, but have been drawing a blank on why the exhaust part is happening. I did notice that I had a lil too much oil in it, not sure if it can cause that though.

· Registered
631 Posts
QUOTE (MXrider38 @ Sep 26 2008, 04:03 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=12420
Well I wasn't saying it was from suspension, though I can see how it seemed like I meant it that way.lol This was the first time I have been able to do anything with it since I got it, since I hadn't really run it. I have been told that it prolly needed some sealant on the head cover, but have been drawing a blank on why the exhaust part is happening. I did notice that I had a lil too much oil in it, not sure if it can cause that though.
Sorry, meant it's a coincidence!
Yea not sure about the header..almost seems like the bike tipped over and the oil leaked into the cylinder...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.