Kawasaki KFX450 Forum - KFX450Central banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well finally got my factory shocks back from Elka, and fire up my new beast and wtf. Now I have oil leaking down the left side of the head coming from the cam cover. Also noticed a small drip from where the header comes out of the head. Any ideas on what caused this. Hopefully it's just gaskets, because I am getting ready to pull the motor to have the crank balanced and a falicon rod put in. The thought of my rod coming through the cases isn't very appealing. Just curious to see if anyone else has had this problem?

·
Registered
637 Posts
Seems odd that it suddenly happened after replacing your suspension but..I had the same thing when my cams were installed, a small leak...just had to redo the gasket/sealant and it stopped..Not sure why it would be leaking from the header, did it get turned over somehow?

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well I wasn't saying it was from suspension, though I can see how it seemed like I meant it that way.lol This was the first time I have been able to do anything with it since I got it, since I hadn't really run it. I have been told that it prolly needed some sealant on the head cover, but have been drawing a blank on why the exhaust part is happening. I did notice that I had a lil too much oil in it, not sure if it can cause that though.

·
Registered
637 Posts
QUOTE (MXrider38 @ Sep 26 2008, 04:03 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=12420
Well I wasn't saying it was from suspension, though I can see how it seemed like I meant it that way.lol This was the first time I have been able to do anything with it since I got it, since I hadn't really run it. I have been told that it prolly needed some sealant on the head cover, but have been drawing a blank on why the exhaust part is happening. I did notice that I had a lil too much oil in it, not sure if it can cause that though.
Sorry, meant it's a coincidence!
Yea not sure about the header..almost seems like the bike tipped over and the oil leaked into the cylinder...

·
Registered
86 Posts
your saying the oil is leaking out of your head pipe? Casue if thats the case it could be your valve seals leaking oil into the exhaust port from the upper end.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I dunno but this bike is costing me a lot of dollars. Just one more thing to put on the list for when i put th enew crank and topend in.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts