Kawasaki KFX450 Forum - KFX450Central banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys. i race my kfx on the ice and good thing sunday was the last races. when i got done racing i noticedmy swingarm was full of oil and it was coming out of my crankcase breather which has its own little filter because i have an intake. but anyhow i practiced maybe four laps ran a 5 lap heat and a 10 lap main and then noticed the oil or what i think is oil but is funny color maybe from the ice and snow? i did stand the bike up on the grab bar to load it that morning before the races. any idea?

·
Registered
148 Posts
Oil out of the crankcase is caused by 2 things. To much oil and bad rings or cylinder causing a compression blowby into the crank case blowing the oil out. If you are running at high rpms alot it also is normal for you to get some oil out of it. Im sure it was a weird color do to the water it would look milkish correct? And standing it up can help to. I wouldn't worry to much about it just make sure oil levels good. How many hours on the motor? These cylinders plating is horrible and get a bad front and back wear from the piston moving. And that can be your problem.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.