Kawasaki KFX450 Forum - KFX450Central banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How about starting a list of parts that you have had to replace due to failure or just something you added to increase the performance.

1. Big 3
2. Long travel A arms and Fox floats
3. Bumper, grab bar, nerfs, axel, rear linkage

now the replacements due to failure
4. Hinson clutches (and now have a broken fiber)
5. Bearing Carrier w/ bearings
6. Rear disc hub
7. Fan relay (bounced off holder and disappeared, make sure to add zip ties)

Just curious if everyone or just some are having the bad luck that I am. It seems that every time I ride I have something odd brake. Like the bearing going out of my carrier and destroying the carrier and disc hub or the clutches going out on the second ride and replacing them with Hinson clutches to have a fiber break into 6 pieces. I guess it happens with all new quads, especially when it is the first year they are out but I wonder every time I ride, what will fail today. Post em up.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Big three

Never had a problem with it. Almost had it for a year. THe only problem I had was the PAYMENT! lol

Larry

·
Registered
637 Posts
I like this topic but....it's sure to bring bad luck to me if I respond !
Main complaint is around the electrical drain on the battery..I really only take short rides in the desert and leave most of my riding for the dunes. You are right Conrad, zip tie the relays and the VD sensor, also keep that chain well lubed & adjusted (as well as the other obvious service items)

·
Registered
56 Posts
Other than broken parts from wreckin....my bikes has run flawlessly. I haven't had any probs with the electrical system, maybe due to reading the forums and using dielectric grease on every connector and plug I could find. I have the BIG 3 mods, and a sprocket change, so top end is pretty damn good, and hasn't robbed the bottom end. In fact...I think it hooks up better now due to a little less wheel spin. 1st gear is almost usable. I dumped the bike pretty hard the 2nd time I had it out (at around 35+ mph) and the only thing that got bent was the steering stem (and my ass). Maybe I just don't ride as hard as some of you guys, or I got lucky and got a good solid bike off the showroom floor. But so far I'm very happy with the KFX. I do go over the bike pretty thourghly befor we go riding (I can't stand wrenchin on stuff out in the desert), but basically just keep on the standard maintenance items, oil & lubes, check bolts, and electrical connection, ect...

·
Registered
19 Posts
I have added the following things
1. Alba Pipe
2. Alba fuel Management
3. Fuel Atv Intake
4. Port Polish Heads
5. HotCams Stage 2 Cams

I haven't had a motor problem
The only thing that I have had problems with so far is 2 fuses. I have blown the Main Fuse and the Fan Relay Fuse.

Also I have alreay had to replace the front brake pads twice. and the rears once. This time though I went with the EBC severe duty pads. So hopefully they last a little longer.
KT

1 - 5 of 5 Posts