Kawasaki KFX450 Forum - KFX450Central banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just received my PCIII last week and installed it this past weekend. I am not sure if I have the right mapping because it seems as if I lost a little power compared to stock. So far all I have installed is an intake and a 36T rear sprocket. I still have the stock exhaust. Does anyone know what kind of map I need? Or is there any other way to adjust my PCIII. I am not too familiar in how to use all the soft ware and setting on the PCIII. I personally just think that I have a wrong map.

·
Registered
637 Posts
QUOTE (AHG @ Oct 21 2008, 10:26 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=12916
I just received my PCIII last week and installed it this past weekend. I am not sure if I have the right mapping because it seems as if I lost a little power compared to stock. So far all I have installed is an intake and a 36T rear sprocket. I still have the stock exhaust. Does anyone know what kind of map I need? Or is there any other way to adjust my PCIII. I am not too familiar in how to use all the soft ware and setting on the PCIII. I personally just think that I have a wrong map.
Where did you get your map from? I think unless you bought it from someone that programed it for you, it will come with a zero map. What type of intake? If it's the lt-r tube, you will have more air flowing and probably running a bit lean. I suspect the reason you feel it lost power is because of the bigger sprocket, you definitely lose torque with that.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
QUOTE (offroadhunter @ Oct 21 2008, 11:54 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=12917
Where did you get your map from? I think unless you bought it from someone that programed it for you, it will come with a zero map. What type of intake? If it's the lt-r tube, you will have more air flowing and probably running a bit lean. I suspect the reason you feel it lost power is because of the bigger sprocket, you definitely lose torque with that.
Yeah its the ltr tube, I downloaded the map from the PC website. I believe the map is the one with the removed spark arrest and intake. I could be wrong. Does anyone know what kinda map i should use?

·
Registered
53 Posts
Dont waste your time or risk running to lean!! Dyno-it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts