Kawasaki KFX450 Forum - KFX450Central banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
is it just me or does the kfx450 sound kinda funny when you remove the spark arrester and put the silver tip back on? i took mine out and rode it and put it back in because i thought it sounded funny.

·
Registered
111 Posts
When I was doing that before I replaced my exhaust my buddy hated riding with me. One he said it was still too quiet and two he said when he did hear it he thought it sounded like a turd.

It definately sounds different.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Its funny someone posted this thread. I just got back from the dunes in Oklahoma and heard a Kawa with out the spark arrester, and I commented to my brother-n-law how retarded it sounds . Kinda has a high pitch sound or pop to it. Cure?,,, Dasa it!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i would have got a dasa but i got the esr system off of ebay for $245 so i think ill be happy.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Wow great deal!! ESR makes great stuff!

·
Registered
637 Posts
QUOTE (brammabul69 @ Sep 1 2008, 01:48 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=11467
i would have got a dasa but i got the esr system off of ebay for $245 so i think ill be happy.
That's a great deal! I'm a firm believer that virtually all stock exhausts need to be replaced..I've had dirt bikes, quads, street bikes, and replaced the exhaust on all of them.. Naturally there's exceptions but the majority of them are too restrictive

·
Registered
21 Posts
Can't keep stock exhaust on anything of mine either, 3 quads, a Vulcan 1600 Mean Streak w/V&H Big Shots and flowmasters on the dodge. hmmmm what to put on the wifes Corolla???? lol

1 - 8 of 8 Posts