Kawasaki KFX450 Forum - KFX450Central banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought this quad in the links below. Those of you that pay attention to atv mx should recognize it. Anyway I have been told that it made 56hp on the dyno. It has a fully built dasa motor. These numbers sound a little bit high compared to what others are getting. Obviously I realize that my motor is completely done compared to others with just pipe, intake etc. combos. I am just curious if this sounds feasible. Considering most bike are in the 44hp range and that is a huge difference. Also after doin some research I guess I am gonna be stickin a new crank in it at some time.(hopefully not soon it only has 10hrs on it) Anyway any input is appreciated.

http://atv.off-road.com/atv/data/articlest...IMG_1563web.jpg

http://atv.off-road.com/atv/data/articlest...IMG_1620web.jpg

·
Registered
271 Posts
Thta's a bad kfx man!.
56WHP for a fully built dasa motor sounds about right or a little low compare to other 450 dasa builts.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I will give some full details when it gets here. It is in the process of bein shipped right now.

·
Registered
285 Posts
my brothers lt-r 493 did 56 hp on DASA's dyno in riverside.....but the but dyno was not impressed....yes it went fast, just not 56hp fast
also,what is the compression? 14.1....make sure to run your race gas!

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
QUOTE (dlkfx450 @ Aug 8 2008, 02:45 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=10910
my brothers lt-r 493 did 56 hp on DASA's dyno in riverside.....but the but dyno was not impressed....yes it went fast, just not 56hp fast
also,what is the compression? 14.1....make sure to run your race gas!
Supposd to have 14.5:1. I was told to run vp c-12 or mr-11

·
Registered
60 Posts
QUOTE (MXrider38 @ Aug 9 2008, 05:14 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=10950
Supposd to have 14.5:1. I was told to run vp c-12 or mr-11
Great looking bike! Are you racing it? Or purely recreational? Either way, it probably makes tons of "usable" power so I wouldn't be too concerned with the numbers. The compression sounds high, so you should be mindful of temps and, obviously, make sure you only run the race gas specified...

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I will definately be racing. I ride A class in District 7 and 13. As far as temps it has pwr radiator and running the water wetter super cool. Waiting for the boyesen water pump to come out. Thanks for the props.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Can I ask what you payed for it? Great looking Quad,,,WOW

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I paid $9500 for it. It's killing me to ride it, as I don't have shocks right now. I had to send the ones on it back to elka for a re-valve/spring. Come to find ou they were prototype versions of the factory shock, and were never to be sold. So elka is keeping them and giving me a new set of the production versions. For the few minutes i rode it around I can tell you it hauls. Gonna suck putting a top end in every 25hrs. though. He had another for sale also that had never had gas in it. The downfall was that it was a stock motor, but other than that it was identical.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts