Kawasaki KFX450 Forum - KFX450Central banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
okay so i had my bike custom tuned and am curious if taking my batter out will lose the custom map that is programmed in my powercommander. the tuner did not give me a download of it yet and if i lose it am i SOL?

·
Registered
56 Posts
QUOTE (ditt08 @ Jan 24 2009, 11:39 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=15810
okay so i had my bike custom tuned and am curious if taking my batter out will lose the custom map that is programmed in my powercommander. the tuner did not give me a download of it yet and if i lose it am i SOL?
No you will not lose your program.

·
Registered
49 Posts
you should be able to take your laptop out there and save your file. or use the battery that cam with the pc3

·
Registered
70 Posts
no you will not. your custom map is stored in the pc3 and disconnecting the battery won't affect it. and like masterp said, you can save the map on a computer which is a good idea

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thank you very much guys. i will be hooking the computer up to it asap to save it and burn it to a cd. another question you's can maybe help me with? not sure if its my battery again or what but i race on the ice so of course its cold out but if i stall it or it quits it won't start like the batter won't turn it over fast enough but if you pull start it it fires right up. its my second battery in it and can't believe it wouldn't be shot already or possible it could be the charging system?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts