Kawasaki KFX450 Forum - KFX450Central banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got a question for anyone who has installed power madd hand guards on their 450r.

Where did you mount you clutch side hand guard?

I'm having trbl with my clutch handle hitting my headlight switch! No matter how I turn it switch or guard I can't get the clutch handle to clear the switch.

So I was wondering how you might have mounted yours. Did you have same trbl?

Thanks in advance for your help

·
Registered
18 Posts
I can't remember how I did mine. I'll take a look when I get home from work tonight. I'll try to get you a couple pictures as well.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
QUOTE (quadrider'73 @ Mar 11 2008, 03:21 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=7204
I can't remember how I did mine. I'll take a look when I get home from work tonight. I'll try to get you a couple pictures as well.

Thanks Much. The only other thing I can think of doing would be to move the mount for the hand guards to the outside of the clutch assembly

·
Registered
18 Posts
I have mine mouted on the inside of the whole assembly...

And on the right I sandwiched it in between the throttle and brake assemblies...

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
QUOTE (quadrider'73 @ Mar 11 2008, 08:20 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=7219
I have mine mouted on the inside of the whole assembly...

And on the right I sandwiched it in between the throttle and brake assemblies...
Thanks for the fast reply. Thats what I figured I was going to have to do.

I did the brake side same as you. I just cut off that little tab with a hack saw.

Ah well tomorrow I will move the clutch side to the outside.

On a side note. Have you installed a skid plate yet? I just did mine today along with swing arm. Swing arm was easy as heck but on the skid plate under motor on mine the rear hex head bolt was a little hard getting out. I ended up stripping it. So I just ripped the plastic plate off and got vise grips and replaced the bolts with new socket head bolts.

I got the dg baja series plates that are lazer ingraved. They look sweet.

Thanks again

·
Registered
18 Posts
I've got all Pro Armor skid plates, they all bolted in great, but I wound up stripping the threads on that rear bolt. The plate is holding on just fine, just a little bit of vibration from time to time. I'm just gonna drill out the hole in the frame and run a bolt through.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts