Kawasaki KFX450 Forum - KFX450Central banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I still haven't ordered my protection, but need to git'er done!

I'm pretty sure I'm going to try some Pro Armor stuff....

Nerfs, bumper & chassis/belly skid.
(not sure about the swingarm)

I'm kind of confused though because....

#1 - I haven't seen Pro Armor bumpers on.

#2 - There are a lot of styles of Pro Armor heel guard nerfs...

Heel Guard Nerfs, XC Nerfs, Fat Peg Nerfs, Race Peg Nerfs, etc... and they all look different (online).

So if you have bumper or nerf pics I'd like to see them.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
QUOTE (Duster @ Mar 19 2009, 10:01 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=16542

Heel Guard Nerfs, XC Nerfs, Fat Peg Nerfs, Race Peg Nerfs, etc... and they all look different (online).

Wow... is it this dead here... or did I post this under the wrong sub-section?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hey bud. I don't have a pick on here yet, I just signed up but I just put the Pro Armor nerf bars with heel guards on the other night and the rear grab bar. It looks sick. It'll change the look totally and there was no difference for weight. the grab bar was light as a feather and the nerf bars aren't heavy at all. Only problem I'm having is that you can feel more vibrations in the foot pegs now and I need too get used too the net when I shift.

QUOTE (Duster @ Mar 19 2009, 11:01 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=16542

·
Registered
420 Posts
if you check out rocky mountainatv.com have a dealer account and can save you some money get me the part numbers and ill get ya my cost!i actually have a nice dg bumper for sale f your interested!asking 100.00 or best offer plus shpping!

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
QUOTE (KFX450rRider @ Apr 1 2009, 02:22 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=16693
Hey bud. I don't have a pick on here yet, I just signed up but I just put the Pro Armor nerf bars with heel guards on the other night and the rear grab bar. It looks sick. It'll change the look totally and there was no difference for weight. the grab bar was light as a feather and the nerf bars aren't heavy at all. Only problem I'm having is that you can feel more vibrations in the foot pegs now and I need too get used too the net when I shift.
Cool... I am pretty sure I'm going with the full pro armor peg/nerf/heel guard setup.
The only reason I have not already ordered is that I am unsure of the contours and peg height.

I'm thinking the nerfs might mount real high in the front and be pretty straight in contour.
I like my nerfs to contour down some to the front corner bends of the tubing.
Then I like them to contour up some from there toward the pegs.

Maybe that sounds stupid, but this allows the outer section of the tubing to run more parallel to the ground and it does not make the quad look like the rear is sagging heavily when it's just sitting there.

I'll see if I can find 2 pictures to show what I'm talking about.

But yes, I'd like to see some pics of yours when you get a chance.

·
Registered
9 Posts
QUOTE (Duster @ Apr 2 2009, 12:22 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=16708
Cool... I am pretty sure I'm going with the full pro armor peg/nerf/heel guard setup.
The only reason I have not already ordered is that I am unsure of the contours and peg height.

I'm thinking the nerfs might mount real high in the front and be pretty straight in contour.
I like my nerfs to contour down some to the front corner bends of the tubing.
Then I like them to contour up some from there toward the pegs.

Maybe that sounds stupid, but this allows the outer section of the tubing to run more parallel to the ground and it does not make the quad look like the rear is sagging heavily when it's just sitting there.

I'll see if I can find 2 pictures to show what I'm talking about.

But yes, I'd like to see some pics of yours when you get a chance.

I just ordered all my protection yesterday....Moose front bumper, Pro Armor swingarm skid, nerfs with heel guard and pro race grab bar, all in black. Once I have pics I can upload some, might be early next week though..

The only thing Im not sure if it's really needed, or at least maybe not right away, is the skid plate under the motor area. A buddy said the frame comes very close together in that area and does not think a skid is needed there. But Im going to check, I just got my quad from the dealer last night, did not have a chance to look under it...

I will say, Pro-Armor fat series looks great in person...

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
QUOTE (Blownchevelle68 @ Apr 3 2009, 09:48 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=16722
I just ordered all my protection yesterday....Moose front bumper, Pro Armor swingarm skid, nerfs with heel guard and pro race grab bar, all in black. Once I have pics I can upload some, might be early next week though..

The only thing Im not sure if it's really needed, or at least maybe not right away, is the skid plate under the motor area. A buddy said the frame comes very close together in that area and does not think a skid is needed there. But Im going to check, I just got my quad from the dealer last night, did not have a chance to look under it...

I will say, Pro-Armor fat series looks great in person...
Oh... believe me, it needs a belly skid.

The stocker is sad... and remember, this frame is aluminum.

Looking forward to the pics.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.