Kawasaki KFX450 Forum - KFX450Central banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
637 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just finished installing my nerfs...it seems like my boot hits the strap real easy and missed gears a few times...I've loosened up the strap but i'm curious what you guys experienced the same and if that was the fix. I didnt have nerfs before and I used to let my boot hang over the edge, now ive limited movement and maybe i just need to get used to it..

·
Registered
637 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
QUOTE (topdollr @ Aug 23 2008, 05:59 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=11303
just adjust the shift lever up to give you more room
Thanks TD...that's way too simple and i probably never would have thought of that!
It's actually par for the course...a brain dead day today...while backing my trailer into the garage I wasnt paying attention and of course you know it....right into the garage wall..broke off the rear light, made a hole about 8inch by 8inch..

·
Registered
70 Posts
ya i found that could be done too. my boot wasn't letting my ankle bend to get under the lever so i adjusted it one notch. hooray for smart engineering

·
Registered
297 Posts
QUOTE (offroadhunter @ Aug 23 2008, 09:04 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=11304
Thanks TD...that's way too simple and i probably never would have thought of that!
It's actually par for the course...a brain dead day today...while backing my trailer into the garage I wasnt paying attention and of course you know it....right into the garage wall..broke off the rear light, made a hole about 8inch by 8inch..

no problem

·
Registered
111 Posts
I had nerfs when I bought my boots and I was told to either adjust the lever up one or just break the boots in more. I left the shifter in the stock location, loosened up the nets some and I after some time I am doing fine.

I also must note I am an ankle shifter and not a knee lifter.

I am glad you found something that worked for you.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.