Kawasaki KFX450 Forum - KFX450Central banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i was just wandering if someone had their stock rims peferably the rims that come on the all black 450 so the black rims for the rear and how much u would want for them also have a ? about paddles i was thinking about getting the new sand stars but i was on here about them and people were saying that they were kinda heavy and r not as good as some of the other ones out there, i just liked the way they looked and though i would try them out maybe but maybe not any help.... also i might right in the sand like 2 times a year mayb more but any suggestions? :rolleyes:

·
Registered
6 Posts
QUOTE (KFX450rder21 @ Mar 1 2009, 11:28 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=16296
i was just wandering if someone had their stock rims peferably the rims that come on the all black 450 so the black rims for the rear and how much u would want for them also have a ? about paddles i was thinking about getting the new sand stars but i was on here about them and people were saying that they were kinda heavy and r not as good as some of the other ones out there, i just liked the way they looked and though i would try them out maybe but maybe not any help.... also i might right in the sand like 2 times a year mayb more but any suggestions? :rolleyes:
I currently have the sand stars and I love them they hook up really well and I can side hill really good too. I also have a set of sand sharks and the sand stars are the same weight they really aren't that hevy. I would recommend them. They are a lot better then straight paddles unless all you do is drag race up the hills. Any ?'s feel free to ask..

·
Registered
7 Posts
I have skat-trak haulers, and they are about 12 lbs on douglas .125 rims, compared to a set of sand stars on same rims, which weighed around 19 lbs on same scale, same day, weighed them both a few times just to be sure.
My buddy with the sand stars loves the way my haulers hook up EVERYwhere in the dunes, not just for drags, and is in the process of getting haulers for himself. I'm not putting down the sand stars, they are a great tire, but weight savings in the sand is a noticeable difference. Just my Opinion.

·
Registered
420 Posts
i can get sand tires for you let me no if your interested?

·
Registered
111 Posts
There are plenty of debates on sandtires on ATV forums all across the net.

1st I would say what do you want to do at the dunes or dessert, that will give you a good start.

For general duning you will love the sandstars yes they are heavy but they are a durable, reliable, and great all around tire.

If you go to the dunes and spend all of your time drag racing get a good set of straight paddles, they are much lighter (less rotational mass and lighter unsprung weight) and will hookup great.

I have a set of sandstars(V paddle) and a set of 6 paddle Comp Cut Padla brats (Straight paddle).

My life at the dunes is usually general duning I am lucky if I make 4 to 6 straight line race runs in a 3 day weekend. That being said I got an awesome deal on the brats and wanted to check them out. So my impression they hook up hard and throw some killer roost (whoever is behind you in the trails is eating sand or staying waaaaaaay back). They are super light on Douglas blue labels. The quad flys great with them in the air and I have to work less to keep the front down when airborne but more to keep it down during acceleration. However if you want to sling the a** end around on the side of a dune and due a quick 180 you are going to work a lot harder with the brats then the sandstars.

I leave the brats on most of the time now I just like the way they feel but, my sandstars are always there waiting and never let me down when they are called upon.

I would say you will be fine with the sandstars later on if you want a straight paddle sell the sand stars and trade up.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
QUOTE (ononewheel @ Mar 3 2009, 01:40 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=16325
i can get sand tires for you let me no if your interested?
will do man thanks i will let ya now what decesion i make.. i might just try the sand stars out to see how they do we'll see though. :)

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
QUOTE (raredirt @ Mar 3 2009, 05:08 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=16329
There are plenty of debates on sandtires on ATV forums all across the net.

1st I would say what do you want to do at the dunes or dessert, that will give you a good start.

For general duning you will love the sandstars yes they are heavy but they are a durable, reliable, and great all around tire.

If you go to the dunes and spend all of your time drag racing get a good set of straight paddles, they are much lighter (less rotational mass and lighter unsprung weight) and will hookup great.

I have a set of sandstars(V paddle) and a set of 6 paddle Comp Cut Padla brats (Straight paddle).

My life at the dunes is usually general duning I am lucky if I make 4 to 6 straight line race runs in a 3 day weekend. That being said I got an awesome deal on the brats and wanted to check them out. So my impression they hook up hard and throw some killer roost (whoever is behind you in the trails is eating sand or staying waaaaaaay back). They are super light on Douglas blue labels. The quad flys great with them in the air and I have to work less to keep the front down when airborne but more to keep it down during acceleration. However if you want to sling the a** end around on the side of a dune and due a quick 180 you are going to work a lot harder with the brats then the sandstars.

I leave the brats on most of the time now I just like the way they feel but, my sandstars are always there waiting and never let me down when they are called upon.

I would say you will be fine with the sandstars later on if you want a straight paddle sell the sand stars and trade up.

sweet man thanks for the all the info on umm since i have never ran paddles before... well i might drag race couple of times while im there and ride around a little bit to theres not really hills at this one place i go to but i plan on going other places like out west eventully.. i might try the sand stars and see how i like umm.. then go to something differant later on when my riding changes or what not. thanks guys for all the help. :)

·
Registered
420 Posts
QUOTE (KFX450rder21 @ Mar 3 2009, 10:50 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=16335
will do man thanks i will let ya now what decesion i make.. i might just try the sand stars out to see how they do we'll see though. :)
example skat track haulers 21x11x8 7 paddles they retail for 100 bucks each i can get you them for 90 each plus shipping to your house!or skat trak edge which is a v paddle for 105 each plus shipping!for tires shipping runs about 37 bucks for two day!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts