Kawasaki KFX450 Forum - KFX450Central banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
j/w if i do the 15/36 or 37 if i need to get a differant chain since it will be smaller. and if doing 36 in the rear is better than 37 since i mainly ride trails and sand, but also like to drag race. any way let me now what u guys think!

·
Registered
49 Posts
I would try the 15 up front first before you change the back if you your riding trails. You don't have to change the chain for the 15 up front.

·
Registered
112 Posts
u can run a 15/36 with only adjusting ur chain . It fits better than 15/37 that combo on mine was very tight when I first put it on I had to adjust all the way up to give enough slack to get the chain on . 15/36 is pretty hard to ride trails unless u fly ! First gear is tall n with that set up u have to move to keep it running .

·
Registered
49 Posts
+1 on that i have the 15 front and when i go to jump a tree or something i usually kill the bike. I wish i would have gone 2 down in the back instead of the 15 front.

·
Registered
56 Posts
I run a 15/37 for trail and desert, dont really have a problem stalling it, and 13/37 in the dunes. Tried 15/38 (38 is stock) and never had an issue with the stock chain length.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
ok cool so just do the 15 in front to see if i like it first cause ya trails is what i do usally or go down 2 in rear? about the chain thanks ya didnt now if i had to or not

1 - 6 of 6 Posts