Kawasaki KFX450 Forum - KFX450Central banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just curious if anyone has ridden their KFX with the outer rear fenders removed? I took the front ones off and then I wanted to see what it looked like with the outer rears removed. It looks pretty cool but I wonder what it would be like riding in normal terrain like that. In the sand I don't think there would be any problem, but on trails and track I can see rocks hitting the exhaust or boots getting caught up as becoming a problem. Also it may be more difficult and uncomfortable for you to shift your body when you are sliding or taking fast turns since half the plastic is gone for support. If anyone has ridden without the rear fenders tell me what you thought. Thanks.

·
Registered
637 Posts
I took mine off a while ago when giving it a thorough cleaning...it looked real odd withouth the rear fenders...Naturally I put them right back on

·
Registered
8 Posts
i road mine for about 20 min and turned right bck around too put them on. there is absolutly no point on taking them off. unless u like getting roosted with rocks by ur own quad.

·
Registered
82 Posts
I had mine off for months. Looked good but everyone thought it looked better with them on. I didnt seem to get real muddy or anything either. Definitely no rocks hitting me. I bought some aluminum bolts and put them back on.

·
Registered
27 Posts
was forced to ride that way last weekend i didnt feel much of a difference and there wasnt as much debris flying up as i thought there woule be but i still will be returning to having the rear fenders back on just because no fenders front or rear seems more for dunes.

·
Registered
70 Posts
i took mine off only cause i ride sand. haven't ridden it without them yet but i can't see them serving much purpose in the sand, unless you're in reverse. we'll see though after it cools down

1 - 6 of 6 Posts