Kawasaki KFX450 Forum - KFX450Central banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK guys, how do I go about removing these rivet things?

There is a metal kind holding on a warning plaque on the left front fender, and there is also a different kind helping secure the extra fender bodywork.

Any help for a newbie would be appreciated.

·
Registered
637 Posts
For the regular rivets that hold the plastics in place you can hit them softly with a drill, find a bit that's narrow enough to go straight through... you may need to drill the head off also but drill out the middle first.

·
Registered
420 Posts
yup drill them out and they will fall apart think i used a 1/16 inch drill bit!

·
Registered
7 Posts
A pair of side cutters on the bottom side of the plastic, snip off the holding part of the rivet and throw them in the garbage. For something that is 3$ each is ridiculous.. when putting the fender back on put the front and rear (or top and bottom) screws in to align the fender, purchase a pack of 10mm or 8mm push through *removable plastic rivets, drill out the exisiting holes in your plastic and replace those non reusable metal rivets with something that allows you to quick remove at any time. Just my opinion, looks better than those metal ones too.. all those metal rivets remind me of a bike that's had a rough life haha the new plastic ones look factory.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts