Kawasaki KFX450 Forum - KFX450Central banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
i seem to remember seeing picks of someone getting theirs off and cleaning it, but if its able to get off i dont see no reason why a company somewhere dont make and sell em more sooner than later

·
Registered
118 Posts

·
Registered
637 Posts
QUOTE (spencer @ Aug 17 2008, 07:46 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=11152
has anyone tried taking the stock fuel filter out and just replacing it downline with one of these? I may try it, no way in he11 I'm buying a new fuel pump just because the filter is clogged.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...248881&rd=1
Seems like a good idea but you raise the important question around being able to take the filter out of the fuel pump first.. I've never disected that unit and wonder if it's one piece and that's why you can't just replace the filter when it's clogged...anyone else looked into this before?

·
Registered
118 Posts
QUOTE (offroadhunter @ Aug 17 2008, 11:37 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=11153
Seems like a good idea but you raise the important question around being able to take the filter out of the fuel pump first.. I've never disected that unit and wonder if it's one piece and that's why you can't just replace the filter when it's clogged...anyone else looked into this before?
well, I spent the afternoon tearing the fuel pump down, you can get to the filter. Mine was black and full of crud, no way of cleaning that thing. I was able to get it off, but it has a plastic ring that is glued or overmolded onto it. I cut it away from the plastic ring, reinstalled the plastic ring, and reinstalled the fuel pump into the tank. I'm going to try the LTR in-line fuel filter. I hope this thing works, or it looks like I'll be buying another fuel pump. Mitsubushi makes the fuel pump, btw.

·
Registered
118 Posts
QUOTE (offroadhunter @ Aug 24 2008, 12:30 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=11326
+1 on that! I suspect this would void the warranty so if the pump fails it may cost more but so long as it's not warrantied anymore i guess its ok...
yeah, my warranty is done next month.
I'll get pics up soon. I should have taken pics when I had the fuel pump taken apart.

·
Registered
118 Posts
this was just to get thru the ride over the weekend. Going to get some hose clamps in the future, and wrap the filter glass in some sort of foam to protect it. Its pretty much routed same as stock.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts