Kawasaki KFX450 Forum - KFX450Central banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a power comander / nmotion /and air box lid off with a 15tooth sprocket in the front. Just seems like it cuts out way to soon. It runs real strong till it hits the rev limiter Any help would be cool.

·
Registered
637 Posts
QUOTE (wbodray @ May 14 2008, 11:26 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=8988
I have a power comander / nmotion /and air box lid off with a 15tooth sprocket in the front. Just seems like it cuts out way to soon. It runs real strong till it hits the rev limiter Any help would be cool.
Is this consistent through all gears? I know 1-3 revs out real fast...I don't generally need to use 1st...where did you get your pciii map?

·
Registered
109 Posts
you dont have cams do ya? I noticed mine revved a lot faster with the cams i installed. Also are you sure your getting good traction? he engine will rev a lot faster if you are not getting good traction. and if your fuel map is too lean or to rich up top it might be cutting out earlier then it should.

·
Registered
637 Posts
QUOTE (william @ May 15 2008, 01:01 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=9049
you dont have cams do ya? I noticed mine revved a lot faster with the cams i installed. Also are you sure your getting good traction? he engine will rev a lot faster if you are not getting good traction. and if your fuel map is too lean or to rich up top it might be cutting out earlier then it should.
Yes..where did you get your fuel map? is it custom ?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That power commander came from PDR and it does rev out in every gear. I could have some traction issues too. The programmer is programmed for what I have but my elevation is at 5000ft so I might still have to do some adjusting. Thanks for your help.oh ya and no cams yet.

·
Registered
637 Posts
QUOTE (wbodray @ May 16 2008, 07:24 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=9092
That power commander came from PDR and it does rev out in every gear. I could have some traction issues too. The programmer is programmed for what I have but my elevation is at 5000ft so I might still have to do some adjusting. Thanks for your help.oh ya and no cams yet.
Let us know how you make out..I do think though that it's the nautre of this engine, it just rips through the low gears..

·
Registered
109 Posts
QUOTE (offroadhunter @ May 15 2008, 08:53 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=9065
Yes..where did you get your fuel map? is it custom ?
I am using the LTE map with my big three i have the procircuit exhaust. and with the cams i just made the map a lil more fat up top. seems to work really well. them map was already a lil rich i think so i didnt mess with to much else.

·
Registered
637 Posts
wbodray, I'm right there with you now! I got out to try out the new cams today for about 15 minutes and noticed exactly the same thing..it hit soo fast...i changed the sprocket now and it's much better, truth is its much better to shift right before it revs out becuase you lose all the power anyways..

·
Registered
109 Posts
QUOTE (offroadhunter @ May 16 2008, 06:56 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=9116
wbodray, I'm right there with you now! I got out to try out the new cams today for about 15 minutes and noticed exactly the same thing..it hit soo fast...i changed the sprocket now and it's much better, truth is its much better to shift right before it revs out becuase you lose all the power anyways..
The cams helped the engine make power longer but it still drops off before the rev limit. a port and polish might also help with this problem the kfx has.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts