Kawasaki KFX450 Forum - KFX450Central banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
does anyone have any ideas on what is a good gearing setup to run in the sand? i'm running 20-11-10 aerospeeds and all i have modded is a two brothers slip-on and a k&n. when i drag and click 5th, i have nothing. i'd like to be able to use all gears. thanks for any help you can offer!

·
Registered
637 Posts
Can either drop down a tooth in the front to a 13..or change the intake and get a pciii...you'll be able to run the stock gearing in the sand with that set up..

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
QUOTE (offroadhunter @ Aug 2 2008, 04:15 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=10670
Can either drop down a tooth in the front to a 13..or change the intake and get a pciii...you'll be able to run the stock gearing in the sand with that set up..

what do you mean by change the intake? do you mean get rid of the airbox? i have a k&n....what if i just remove the lid? i have a pc3 on order...should be here before i leave on the 15th

·
Registered
70 Posts
QUOTE (reballz @ Aug 2 2008, 05:35 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=10672
what do you mean by change the intake? do you mean get rid of the airbox? i have a k&n....what if i just remove the lid? i have a pc3 on order...should be here before i leave on the 15th
it's not so much the filter or airbox that needs to be replaced, it's the stock intake tube. it's very inefficient and restrictive. replacing the stock intake system along with a filter will give you a very noticable power increase. check out fuelatv. they have a great system for the kfx. just installed mine and i love the results

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
QUOTE (AdaM @ Aug 3 2008, 12:46 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=10681
it's not so much the filter or airbox that needs to be replaced, it's the stock intake tube. it's very inefficient and restrictive. replacing the stock intake system along with a filter will give you a very noticable power increase. check out fuelatv. they have a great system for the kfx. just installed mine and i love the results

that looks like a sick setup....i'll have to get that after this trip

·
Registered
220 Posts
I ran a 14/37 gears with the three. Still was able to get out of the hole, plus felt a taller 5th

Larry

·
Registered
56 Posts
I just bought sand tires from Fullerton Sand Sports. Got 21x12x8 6 paddle extremes on 8x8 rims, with 22x8x10 Trackers for the front. The guys in the shop were telling me I would need to go to a 13T counter sprocket but the 38T (stock)rear would work well. I guess the only way to really know for sure, is to take a 13 and 14 (I alreadt went to 15T for desert and trail riding), along with a couple different rear sprockets and the necessary tools, out to the dunes and do some playin around.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I run a BCS intake, Two bros system and a controller and when I do alot of long steep hill shooting I like to use the 13T but its not much of a high speed sprocket

1 - 8 of 8 Posts