Kawasaki KFX450 Forum - KFX450Central banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, SO MY LAST POST I PUT THAT THE BIKE FEELS LIKE A NEW ONE NOW WITH TRINITY STAGE IV FULL PIPE,PCIII,K&N,
I USED THE FUEL ATV MAP FOR DASA PIPE, NO BOX. I JUST DRAGGED MY BUDDY WITH THE SAME BIKE BUT OTHER THAN A PROCIRCUIT SLIP ON HE IS BONE STOCK AND HE BEAT ME. NOT BY MUCH BUT THATS NOT THE POINT. WITH EVERYTHING DONE TO MINE I FIGURE I SHOULD AT LEAST PULL AWAY. NOT SURE IF THE MAP MIGHT NOT HAVE TAKEN OR WHAT? IM GONNA YANK IT OUT FIRST AND DRAG AGAIN WITHOUT THE PCIII AND SEE WHAT HAPPENS, BUT ANY IDEAS ON A BETTER MAP OR SOMETHING? THANKS FOR ANY HELP OR ADVICE.

·
Registered
285 Posts
QUOTE (durtykfx @ Nov 20 2008, 06:21 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=14785
OK, SO MY LAST POST I PUT THAT THE BIKE FEELS LIKE A NEW ONE NOW WITH TRINITY STAGE IV FULL PIPE,PCIII,K&N,
I USED THE FUEL ATV MAP FOR DASA PIPE, NO BOX. I JUST DRAGGED MY BUDDY WITH THE SAME BIKE BUT OTHER THAN A PROCIRCUIT SLIP ON HE IS BONE STOCK AND HE BEAT ME. NOT BY MUCH BUT THATS NOT THE POINT. WITH EVERYTHING DONE TO MINE I FIGURE I SHOULD AT LEAST PULL AWAY. NOT SURE IF THE MAP MIGHT NOT HAVE TAKEN OR WHAT? IM GONNA YANK IT OUT FIRST AND DRAG AGAIN WITHOUT THE PCIII AND SEE WHAT HAPPENS, BUT ANY IDEAS ON A BETTER MAP OR SOMETHING? THANKS FOR ANY HELP OR ADVICE.
u take the air box lid off?......with the fuelatv map your bike is most likely rich

try map -003
http://www.powercommander.com/powercommand...143&yr=2008

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
YES THE LID IS OFF. IM GONNA GET THE AIRBOX ELIMINATION WITH LTR TUBE SOON, BUT KIND OF LEARY ON RUNNIN NO BOX AT THE DUNES. SO FOR DUNES TRIPS I WANT TO PUT THE BOX BACK IN PLACE.

·
Registered
285 Posts
there is no reason to run an air box unless u are going thru mud of water....
expecially in the sand... run an outerwares (which comes with most intake kits) i recommend the FCI intake...im currently out of stock.....but u can get one from tqs or ebay

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
OK, I PUT THE 003 MAP IN. WONT KNOW TILL TOMORROW IF IT MADE A DIFFERENCE. WHAT IS VIEW ON FILTERS? I HAVE A K&n IN IT RIGHT NOW WITH OUTERWEARS, BUT I ALSO HAVE A UNI WITH OUTERWEARS FROM MY BANSHEE THAT I COULD USE. ( JUST GONNA MAKE MY OWN AIR BOX ELIMINATION). WHAT DO YOU THINK THE BETTER CHOICE IS? THANKS

·
Premium Member
293 Posts
We run all the time at the dunes and there is no problem without the box. The only thing that I would reccomend if you are worried about engine protection is getting a 8-layer fitler instead of the K&N which is only a 3 layer filter. Our filter that comes with our setup is an 8-layer filter with an inverted end cap for more air flow. We also have a setup that comes with a box.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
so do you recommend running gauze or paper filter( whatever it is) over foam. does the 8 layer flow and filter as well or better than the foam?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts