Kawasaki KFX450 Forum - KFX450Central banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If anybody runs across Spam posts, PM me with a link to the thread. I'll get that stuff gone immediately.

Also, alot of the Spammers are using Bot programs to spam us with, and if you reply to a spam posts, that lets them know there was interest in the crap they posted, and they hit us up again - don't reply to any of the spam posts, so we can cut down on the amount of it...

Thanks.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Anyway to change the captcha we are using for new user sign up? It is pretty weak and would be easily machine readable. Also I can't remember are we sending an activation email as well? Just to make sure they provide a valid email? I know the email could be a throw away but every little step you take makes it harder for automation to succeed and then makes this stuff not as likely to happen.

I am not sure as I have not spent anytime behind the scenes of a forum but I know there are other ways that would surely be more successful. If there is anything I can do to help please feel free to contact me.

·
Registered
220 Posts
QUOTE (raredirt @ Nov 12 2008, 12:34 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=14274
Anyway to change the captcha we are using for new user sign up? It is pretty weak and would be easily machine readable. Also I can't remember are we sending an activation email as well? Just to make sure they provide a valid email? I know the email could be a throw away but every little step you take makes it harder for automation to succeed and then makes this stuff not as likely to happen.

I am not sure as I have not spent anytime behind the scenes of a forum but I know there are other ways that would surely be more successful. If there is anything I can do to help please feel free to contact me.
THere is a validating process with emails. I've gone into it many times and delete ones there also. But ya, we need a better system than what we have. Hopefully when Steve get the new site design up and server, this will stop.

Larry

·
Registered
9 Posts
They have been spamming me with private messages telling me they found a virus on my computer which they have no access to, they use handles like adminlady to make it look like they are admins here.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Got one of those PM's from a member RazzorrMan

Has a link in it to somewhere else for a scan.

·
Registered
3 Posts
got one also from

Dersterman

Hello, friend. There are viruses' activities from your computer in last few days. Strongly recommend you to scan your computer. You can find a report about your computer's security and solve every problem with it here: http://www.total-scan.net/detected/ecrads
Thank you. Forum member.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Got 2 from him since also.

·
Registered
3 Posts
GafarozzMan

Hello, friend. There are viruses' activities from your computer in last few days. Strongly recommend you to scan your computer. You can find a report about your computer's security and solve every problem with it here: http://www.total-scan.net/detected/ecrads
Thank you. Forum member

WHAT IS THE DEAL WITH THIS

·
Registered
141 Posts
Cliffinzz today.

·
Registered
141 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts