Kawasaki KFX450 Forum - KFX450Central banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know of a sprocket arrangement that will give me more top end speed without sacraficing my bottom end power?

·
Registered
109 Posts
well to tell ya thee truth, its impossible if you are planning on leaving your bike stock. when you gear for more top speed you are gonna loose bottom end. but if you gear for top end and add some mods like an exhaust intake and pc3 you probably wont loose much, if any.

·
Registered
637 Posts
Also you can look at changing your tire set up as well (to william's point it wont work so well with stock bike setup), clearly taller tires will give some more top end but at the cost of loosing some bottom end.. Not sure if anyone else has experimented with sprocket & tire combo and what their results were

·
Registered
109 Posts
When i changed tires i noticed the new tires seemed to bog the motor a little bit, and I believe thats because of the increased traction I got . The stock tires are not very good.

·
Registered
637 Posts
QUOTE (william @ May 6 2008, 11:58 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=8673
When i changed tires i noticed the new tires seemed to bog the motor a little bit, and I believe thats because of the increased traction I got . The stock tires are not very good.
With the big 3 the quad has too much power for the stockrs, it slides way too much....and not enough ...i'll wear the stock down first and then ill go for some new tires (id like to get my monies worth first)..

·
Registered
75 Posts
Im running a stock quad and im thinking about dropping one tooth on the rear sprocket. shouldnt lose too much torque but should see a gain in top speeed.

·
Registered
109 Posts
yeah when I got new tires mine were past the wear marks. So i was due I got a set of holeshot XCR tires and i like them a lot

1 - 8 of 8 Posts