Kawasaki KFX450 Forum - KFX450Central banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anybody been there besides me? God I love that place. We went last year the week befor Labor Day. The Bowls are so big and Deep, and OMG the dunes are so high. 800Ft or so. It was to bad I has a hunk of wooter Suzuki LTZ400 bone stock. That hunk couldnt make it up most of the tallest dunes. Ran out of power, lol I am ready this year thow. Choke Cherry, Devils Dune, Dead Horse Bowl here I come, and this time I got a real machine!
It also seemed like every where we went we were riding virgin smooth sand. If you havent been there yet it is A worthy trip to make. I promice. 42,000 ac Sand Box!! Check some vids out on You Tube.

http://www.dunereview.com/readersvideos.htm

Look at the 13th video down from the top.
or the third Bad Lake Off-Roading video. 4.9 MB

This is Dead Horse bowl. It is about 700ft down.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Haven't been yet but really want to go. Only been to the Oregon dunes and Sand Mountain NV (just got back from there) They had some wind there Friday which smoothed out the backside, man it was nice.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Been there twice. Had a blast both times. The last trip is actually where I partially broke in my 450, since my main runner went rattle rattle rattle (timing chain). Hope to go there again.

Larry

·
Registered
13 Posts
:) I have been there, very nice ,bigger dunes than Glamis in parts. its an 8 hour drive for me . i plan on going at least twice this year.stayed at the Sand Hills Resort.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts