Kawasaki KFX450 Forum - KFX450Central banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My bike is approx. one month old. Prior to putting on my mod box from DR. D, I could of sworn I pulled in the clutch and the bike started every time. Since I putt on the full exhaust and MOD BOX the bike only kicks over when I pull in the clutch and in Neutral. What gives any fixes?

·
Registered
50 Posts
QUOTE (nogard @ Apr 7 2008, 12:51 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=7999
My bike is approx. one month old. Prior to putting on my mod box from DR. D, I could of sworn I pulled in the clutch and the bike started every time. Since I putt on the full exhaust and MOD BOX the bike only kicks over when I pull in the clutch and in Neutral. What gives any fixes?
Are you still using the stock battery? The stock battery is only 85cca and won't handle many mods. We switched to the Yuasa YTZ7s (honda 450r battery) it has 135 cca's.

If you hook up a set of jumper cables to the battery off of a stronger battery and it starts then you need a stronger battery.
I'm not sure if this is the problem but it is worth a try. After I switched batterys mine started better and never had any problem with mods.

Also check your clutch cable adjustment. How cold is it? and does it get better when it is warm? What oil are you running?
Hope this helps...Ric

·
Registered
86 Posts
had the same problem on mine too but it turned out to be the switch on the clutch. Just try pulling those wires out that go to the clutch lever and splice them together.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
QUOTE (prey2none @ Apr 7 2008, 07:49 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=8007
Are you still using the stock battery? The stock battery is only 85cca and won't handle many mods. We switched to the Yuasa YTZ7s (honda 450r battery) it has 135 cca's.

If you hook up a set of jumper cables to the battery off of a stronger battery and it starts then you need a stronger battery.
I'm not sure if this is the problem but it is worth a try. After I switched batterys mine started better and never had any problem with mods.

Also check your clutch cable adjustment. How cold is it? and does it get better when it is warm? What oil are you running?
Hope this helps...Ric
Thanks I appreciate that- I will get that 135 cca

QUOTE (05greenmachine @ Apr 7 2008, 08:04 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=8009
had the same problem on mine too but it turned out to be the switch on the clutch. Just try pulling those wires out that go to the clutch lever and splice them together.
Splice them together? Please explain.

·
Registered
14 Posts
QUOTE (nogard @ Apr 7 2008, 11:42 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=8012
Thanks I appreciate that- I will get that 135 cca
Splice them together? Please explain.
My cousin could start his in gear and I couldnt when I got mine. When I took the front plastic off to clean up some stuff I found a wire that was unplugged in that small velcro like bag on the left. Plugged it in and I could start in gear.

·
Registered
86 Posts
there are 2 wires going up to the clutch lever perch and they are plugged into alittle switch that lets you start while the lever is pulled in. Mine decieded to not work one day so i jsut cut the 2 wires that go to the little switch and spliced them together and that makes it think the the lever is pulled in. Try that before you spend the extra money on a battery

and i believe the wires are black/yellow and red/green

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
QUOTE (05greenmachine @ Apr 8 2008, 08:33 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=8033
there are 2 wires going up to the clutch lever perch and they are plugged into alittle switch that lets you start while the lever is pulled in. Mine decieded to not work one day so i jsut cut the 2 wires that go to the little switch and spliced them together and that makes it think the the lever is pulled in. Try that before you spend the extra money on a battery

and i believe the wires are black/yellow and red/green
Thanks I'll take a look at it.

QUOTE (johnjakob @ Apr 8 2008, 11:48 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=8022
My cousin could start his in gear and I couldnt when I got mine. When I took the front plastic off to clean up some stuff I found a wire that was unplugged in that small velcro like bag on the left. Plugged it in and I could start in gear.
That's funny, I did see a plug not plugged into anything. I'll check it out thanks.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts