Kawasaki KFX450 Forum - KFX450Central banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got bored today and decided I was going to work on my bike which led into me taking the whole thing apart. I have about 1000 dollars to spend on it and I already have a two brothers slip on and a pciii. Im thinking about cams not sure on them yet i was wondering if anyone had any suggestions about what to get. My plan was to get a stage 2 intake cam and buy a FMF mega bomb for now. Do i need to upgrade both cams? and if not which one will give me more torque? i know of hot cams does anyone else make good quality cams? I am also going to replace my rear disc because i bent it all up, my chain and sprockets if anyone has an opinion on what brands are best i'd like to hear that to. I want to change up my intake to but am afraid of water getting in anyone know of a good solution for this because its always wet where i ride.

·
Registered
420 Posts
well 1st as for intake i used the mod quad kit w/k&n filter and a filter lid as i am alway around or in water!as for chains did is good!i have a dealer account w/rockymtnatv.com they have a good selection of stuff if you get me part#s of anything you like ill get ya my cost and save you some cake!

·
Registered
25 Posts
QUOTE (ononewheel @ Apr 15 2009, 02:16 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=16879
well 1st as for intake i used the mod quad kit w/k&n filter and a filter lid as i am alway around or in water!as for chains did is good!i have a dealer account w/rockymtnatv.com they have a good selection of stuff if you get me part#s of anything you like ill get ya my cost and save you some cake!

You want a full intake system. I like the Kids on Quads set up myself and I am going to buy one when I get some more money. It retains the factory air box so you can run a lid. Like the lid from EHS racing. It will keep the water out and air flowing. Also I would look at some cams.

·
Registered
46 Posts
I would go with a renthal chain time and time again over any other one. I also put the kx 450 cams in mine and i like the power they make. I race xc and it made a smooth ridable usable power.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts