Kawasaki KFX450 Forum - KFX450Central banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I thought I had read somewhere about a steering mod which involved grinding down the bump stops to get more steering. Has anyone read or heard about this? Tried it? I had both the 450 and my KFX400 out on the trails and after riding them both really noticed the difference in the amount of steering the 400 has vrs the 450. Anyone have any experences w/ this?

·
Registered
285 Posts
QUOTE (450CRACKA @ May 12 2008, 08:08 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=8902
So I thought I had read somewhere about a steering mod which involved grinding down the bump stops to get more steering. Has anyone read or heard about this? Tried it? I had both the 450 and my KFX400 out on the trails and after riding them both really noticed the difference in the amount of steering the 400 has vrs the 450. Anyone have any experences w/ this?
i thought the 450 turned better then my old 400....try grinding 1/16 off each side then retry

·
Registered
60 Posts
QUOTE (450CRACKA @ May 12 2008, 08:08 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=8902
Hmm... Must be a desert thing, but I never, ever found my 450 lacking in steering as compared to my KFX400--but the 400 has LT a-arms, and it isn't easy to find a tight trail in the desert.

My 450 is so tail happy that if I ever need to tighten a radius, I simply scoot my butt over... But I've never honestly felt the need for more "lock to lock."

·
Registered
637 Posts
QUOTE (Rhino1 @ May 13 2008, 09:39 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=8939
Hmm... Must be a desert thing, but I never, ever found my 450 lacking in steering as compared to my KFX400--but the 400 has LT a-arms, and it isn't easy to find a tight trail in the desert.

My 450 is so tail happy that if I ever need to tighten a radius, I simply scoot my butt over... But I've never honestly felt the need for more "lock to lock."
Exactly! need to wack the throttle a lil harder, that'll get you through most tight turns! I didnt notice any major difference in the radius compared with my z400 but i sold that a year ago so i dont exactly recall

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Maybe I will try and grind it down a touch. For fact, the steering from lock to lock on the 400 is greater the the 450. The only time I really notice it is if were turning around on tight trails and you can't "power out" Both are stock in the front end.

·
Registered
24 Posts
QUOTE (450CRACKA @ May 12 2008, 10:08 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=8902
I did grind about a 1/16th of an inch off of both sides of the stop. I do notice the difference from stock. never had a kfx400 so I have no reference. I did notice that my tire comes alot closer to my tierods now vs stock. seems to help a little on the trails!!!!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts