Kawasaki KFX450 Forum - KFX450Central banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
was looking at the different stabalizers and had some cquestions,
Anyone have or install one of the tube style stabalizers? i know the precision ones are the better style but i aint got the cash for that

·
Registered
5 Posts
QUOTE (dlkfx450 @ Sep 6 2007, 11:13 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=3234
was looking at the different stabalizers and had some cquestions,
Anyone have or install one of the tube style stabalizers? i know the precision ones are the better style but i aint got the cash for that
I put a PEP stick type on my quad, and then ended up buying a Precision. If you have to save up, it is night and day better than the stick type stabilizers.

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
QUOTE (Lesrace82 @ Sep 6 2007, 07:30 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=3235
I put a PEP stick type on my quad, and then ended up buying a Precision. If you have to save up, it is night and day better than the stick type stabilizers.
so dont even waste my time? the bike seems like it is all over the place when riding in the sand

·
Registered
297 Posts
stick is better than nothing. Again you didnt state what type of riding you do besides being all over in the sand.

I bought a SRP stabilizer just a couple of weeks ago but havent been able to ride since I have a small fracture in my wrist.

I would rather save my money for a arms and shocks (that extra $300 is a nice amount to put towards that instead)

then again I am only a rec rider with no mx riding so the stick will be just fine for me

·
Registered
27 Posts
QUOTE (dlkfx450 @ Sep 6 2007, 06:36 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=3236
so dont even waste my time? the bike seems like it is all over the place when riding in the sand
If you put a front end on like +2 a/arms, with ajustable camber and caster, you will solve that problem. And gain wheel travel. Plus the added length of arm will soften up the shocks a bit, and give it a plusher ride. Not to mention the added width will make the quad alot more stable. So, if you consider all of the added benifits you gain with a quality front end, compared to just one benifit of a stableizer. You get alot more for the money with a good set of arms. Try www.jdperformanceatv.com . They also sell stableizers.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Once I added a stabilizer onto my old Raptor, I was mad at myself for not getting one the day I bought the quad.

They're great, and a stick style is way better than none.

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i do a lot of trail riding, and no mx, and am not interested in making the quad any wider,
Double d what are you doing with the caster to solve this problem? shims under the stock a-arms can change caster and camber with longer bolts

·
Registered
27 Posts
QUOTE (dlkfx450 @ Sep 7 2007, 05:00 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=3256
i do a lot of trail riding, and no mx, and am not interested in making the quad any wider,
Double d what are you doing with the caster to solve this problem? shims under the stock a-arms can change caster and camber with longer bolts
The stock arms are fixed, so the caster cannot be changed on them. Our top arms are designed to slide forward and aft, thus allowing for caster ajustments. Alot of people dont want to add width to their bike. But in most cases of quads on the market, if you put +1 arms on them, the front end will still be narrower than the rear. If that would still be too wide for some, the answer would be to run a more inset wheel than stock. This would actually improve the handling. Remember, aftermarket arms are not to just make your quad wider, they also allow you to have the ability to fine tune the bike to YOUR liking. And dont forget, the stock lowers are made of .065 mild steel. JD arms are made of .095 4130 chrmolly steel. If you hit an obstacle like a rock, or another quad etc, the stock arms can cave in.

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
bought a stick type stabalizer from golden west ant the sand show only to get home to find out it is the wrong one! it was for a 400....bstrds.. call them on monday to find out they dont even make one for the 450/ same shock for all with just different brackets. since the steem mount worked i decided to make it work and modified their bracket,
got is installed ok, took the bike out for a night ride, what an improvement!!! may not be the best stabalizer out but still well worth the money spent $120

QUOTE (double d @ Sep 9 2007, 09:06 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=3281
And dont forget, the stock lowers are made of .065 mild steel. JD arms are made of .095 4130 chrmolly steel. If you hit an obstacle like a rock, or another quad etc, the stock arms can cave in.
i'd rather replace a lower A arm then the frame(something has got to take the force of the collision)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts