Kawasaki KFX450 Forum - KFX450Central banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Pipo is right on the bolt pattern . Check about anywhere u buy aftermarket wheels n Ull see kawi,Honda and suz all have the same bolt pattern . Unless there's an issue with the hub there's no reason the ltr wheels won't fit . Are u buying tires and wheels to use to race ?

·
Registered
112 Posts
QUOTE (voudris00 @ Mar 31 2009, 07:28 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=16677
yea i wanted to put the smaller wheels and tires on my kaw, but i now realize that i can just get smaller tires for my stock rim.
I wanna race mx.
if ur going to race u'll need atleast single beadlock rear rims . ive got some non beadlock rims i use for pratice and ive poped the tire off several times . i wouldnt chance regular rims in a race . but to pratice they work ok .

·
Registered
111 Posts
QUOTE (#3'skfx @ Mar 31 2009, 09:11 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=16678
if ur going to race u'll need atleast single beadlock rear rims . ive got some non beadlock rims i use for pratice and ive poped the tire off several times . i wouldnt chance regular rims in a race . but to pratice they work ok .

If you are new to racing MX as I was last year show up with what you have. When people start looking at the cost to make a true MX ready quad a lot of them end up not racing at all. Some folks think you have to have all these tech add-ons to race, you don't, they will make it a bit easier for you but are not required. I have raced 3 MX races on stock wheels and have yet to have any problems and there were plenty other on stock wheels as well in all the classes except the money classes.

If after racing some you see it is something you want to keep doing then I agree start looking for beadlocks and a whole host of other items to help take you to the next level.

Whatever you do go to a race and have a good time. You don't have to be 19 and capable of clearing every jump to go out and have a good time racing.

·
Registered
112 Posts
rare is right u dont have to have beadlocks ! but u were talking about buying a set of wheels anyway . i was just tring to keep you from haveing to buy two sets of wheels and keep ur cost down . its all about haveing fun just like he said - safe fun if ur an inexperenced rider and u pop a wheel off and loose it and get hurt when it could be avoided with a simple upgrade it would be a shame to loose a young rider who has interest in mx raceing . i didnt start racing last year i started racing three wheelers in 1985 . mabe i dont have a clue what im talking about ? but have seen alot of riders come and go over the years several who loved it and got hurt one time and left the sport .

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
well turns out im just going to get 18s for the wheels i got now. Im getting 4 mxr6 tires 18-10-9 in the back and 20-6-10 in the front.
Im wootering excited!!! Im getting them from my work today. Ive been eyeing them out for a week.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.