Kawasaki KFX450 Forum - KFX450Central banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone break the stock rear fender brackets yet? They seem to be casted out of aluminum and not very strong.

·
Registered
27 Posts
i flipped my quad over the first day i got it but i guess it wasnt that hard because they didnt break i have heard that those brakets break easy luckily lone star racing makes replacements.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
QUOTE (azkfx @ May 29 2008, 03:05 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=9486
i flipped my quad over the first day i got it but i guess it wasnt that hard because they didnt break i have heard that those brakets break easy luckily lone star racing makes replacements.
Im working on a custom aluminum billet design I'll post photos soon.

·
Registered
73 Posts
after my first crash i broke both fender brackets. I purchased new oem ones and and just crashed again a few weeks ago and rolled the quad, the brackets stayed fine but my shoulder is another story.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Here is the solution I came up with... so far they seem very strong they even allow you to hang your butt way over the fender if necessary for that difficult, off-camber stuff. I tested them the other day, by standing on top of the fenders with my feet directly over the bracket ends (I'm 6' 195lbs). I did not jump up and down (as my friend suggested), but I work the rear shock a little bit and they did not been at all (he was surprised as well).

·
Registered
637 Posts
QUOTE (madracing @ Jun 2 2008, 09:21 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=9575
Here is the solution I came up with... so far they seem very strong they even allow you to hang your butt way over the fender if necessary for that difficult, off-camber stuff. I tested them the other day, by standing on top of the fenders with my feet directly over the bracket ends (I'm 6' 195lbs). I did not jump up and down (as my friend suggested), but I work the rear shock a little bit and they did not been at all (he was surprised as well).
Looks good, did you make the brackets or buy them?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts