Kawasaki KFX450 Forum - KFX450Central banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, im buying a new kfx pretty quick here. i have alot of mods and performance parts already on it. i would like to know how the stock shocks performed for everyone. I was thinking of putting elka shocks on it. I dont just want to spend alot of money on new shocks if the stockers are going to be good.

thanx

·
Registered
60 Posts
QUOTE (kfx-450- @ Jul 2 2008, 04:32 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=10159
Hi, im buying a new kfx pretty quick here. i have alot of mods and performance parts already on it. i would like to know how the stock shocks performed for everyone. I was thinking of putting elka shocks on it. I dont just want to spend alot of money on new shocks if the stockers are going to be good.

thanx
Stock shocks are very good. Depends on how you ride, how important the "bling" factor is for you, and if you can readily afford aftermarket shocks. They are almost always a big improvement over stock--but the latest 450's have very good suspension from the factory too...

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
QUOTE (Rhino1 @ Jul 3 2008, 11:26 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=10178
Stock shocks are very good. Depends on how you ride, how important the "bling" factor is for you, and if you can readily afford aftermarket shocks. They are almost always a big improvement over stock--but the latest 450's have very good suspension from the factory too...
The price is what i dont like. So they are going to be good for just any kind of riding (not racing) im a light weight 140lbs?

·
Registered
25 Posts
you could always have the stock ones reworked. Places like GT Thunder Derisi Racing etc.. that does shock work can revalve / revamp them for your riding style and weight a whole lot cheaper than buying new ones. I weigh in at a whopping 135lbs and find it hard to get a good set-up because thay are not built for smaller guys like me they are built for the average guy around 160-180lbs.

Just my opinion

1 - 4 of 4 Posts