Kawasaki KFX450 Forum - KFX450Central banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went to Waynoka Oklahoma today to the sand dunes and raced a stock YFZ450 5 or 6 times. I destroyed him untill we got to 5th gear at which point he could catch me and pass me. Has any one else had this happen to them? This is the first time I have been out after I installed the big three. Had it Dyno'ed last Wed. Its running just a tad under 45 hp. Also I could tell 5th gear dosent pull like the rest. Should I make a gear change? I dont spend much time in 5th gear but still pissed me off. Love the sound of my Dasa, WOW!!

·
Registered
70 Posts
i'd say if you're running stock gearing with the big three you could use a sprocket change. either try a 36 rear or 15 front or both. i'd start with one and see what that does for you

·
Registered
1 Posts
QUOTE (Vance @ Aug 30 2008, 07:27 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=11449
I went to Waynoka Oklahoma today to the sand dunes and raced a stock YFZ450 5 or 6 times. I destroyed him untill we got to 5th gear at which point he could catch me and pass me. Has any one else had this happen to them? This is the first time I have been out after I installed the big three. Had it Dyno'ed last Wed. Its running just a tad under 45 hp. Also I could tell 5th gear dosent pull like the rest. Should I make a gear change? I dont spend much time in 5th gear but still pissed me off. Love the sound of my Dasa, WOW!!
Got junk?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.