Kawasaki KFX450 Forum - KFX450Central banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 450 Kaw. Installing new Streamline brake lines (two cables). I have a vaccum pump and I cannot get the damn thing to hold pressure at all.
Any feedback would be appreciated.

·
Registered
73 Posts
start by filling the master cylinder and pump the lever untill fluid starts coming out the bottom. Then colse both bleaders. Attach the vaccum pump on one of the closed bleaders and pump the vaccum about ten times, then open the bleader to release the fluid. do this on each bleader a couple of time and it should build pressure. If your brakes are still kinda squishy pump the brake lever a couple of times, hold it in, and loosen one banjo bolt to bleed. you will need to do this to all 3 banjos. By the way, you will not need to call streamline for this cuz i'm the guy that will answer the phone.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
QUOTE (socalcracker2 @ Apr 7 2008, 06:50 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=8005
start by filling the master cylinder and pump the lever untill fluid starts coming out the bottom. Then colse both bleaders. Attach the vaccum pump on one of the closed bleaders and pump the vaccum about ten times, then open the bleader to release the fluid. do this on each bleader a couple of time and it should build pressure. If your brakes are still kinda squishy pump the brake lever a couple of times, hold it in, and loosen one banjo bolt to bleed. you will need to do this to all 3 banjos. By the way, you will not need to call streamline for this cuz i'm the guy that will answer the phone.
Kurt, is that you? Okay I will give it a go.. I have tried on bleeding for the past two days. I could only get it to be squishy but no better than that. I have not tried to break the banjo bolt yet. I will give it a go and let you know. Thanks.

·
Registered
73 Posts
QUOTE (nogard @ Apr 8 2008, 10:04 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=8038
Kurt, is that you? Okay I will give it a go.. I have tried on bleeding for the past two days. I could only get it to be squishy but no better than that. I have not tried to break the banjo bolt yet. I will give it a go and let you know. Thanks.
Yep its Kurt, do you know me?

·
Registered
297 Posts
Kurt can you hook us up on parts? I ordered a set of brake lines from alba on 3/27 and I called today and said that it was being held up at the MFG.

I am now in need of a new rear brake rotor.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts